August Create: Remembering Cloud.

1 Conversation

With the Ghia under attack, only one man and friends can save the planet

This week rather than bore you rigid with endless plot details, I thought I'd show you some of the characters in one of my all-time fave video games, Final Fantasy VII.

As you might expect, there are some very memorable encounters in that game, and I'd like to tell you about some of them

The first picture is that of Cloud Strife, Ex SOLDIER and member of AVALANCHE, a group of people dedicated to saving the Planet from the evils of Mako energy. He has hazy memories of times past, but ends up leading a rag-tag mix of fighters and magic users in an effort to save the Planet

The second is Cloud and his childhood friend, Tifa Lockhart. At the start of the game she runs a bar in Midgar, which doubles as the secret Headquaters of AVALANCHE. She might look like quiet but, boy does does she have awesome fighting skills

Next up, we have Vincent Valentine. A man of few words, but each one a gem. He was subjected to a series of bizzare experiments and has the ability to change into monstrous forms. Although he's a playable character in the game you have to find him but if you don't it doesn't change the main story. There is one other 'missable character', Yuffie Kisaragi, but if you travel through enough forests you'll end up fighting and defeating her and she'll join you.

The fourth picture is the 'Big Bad' of Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth. It's unknown when Cloud first encountered him, maybe as fellow SOLIDER member and Commanding Officer back in the mists of time, or maybe not. In any case, Cloud is destined to fight him to the death in a really satisfying and rather lengthy, end of game Boss fight.

The last picture is that of Ifrit, a summonable character in several Final Fantasy games. This one is slight cheat, however, because it's the version that appeared in Final Fantasy X. He changed appearance in each game but always fought with fire magic. In VII you had to fight a really tough Boss aboard a ship called Jenova BIRTH to acquire him.

Create Challenge Archive

Magwitch

11.08.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87836458

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more