A Conversation for Create challenge: The Soundtrack of My Life

Thank you

Post 1

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Brilliant, Sasha and thank you for taking part in the Challenge.smiley - cheers

I love Queen too, my brother and I had all the albums on cassette. I've still got Queen II on that format (as well as on vinyl and CD). smiley - senior


Thank you

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you! smiley - biggrin

Looks great with pictures smiley - cool

I have a couple of cassettes and LPs (the fold out picture in Jazz is Epic!) but my collecting era was the CD one, 'tis true.

smiley - cheers


Thank you

Post 3

cactuscafe

Loved the article, SashaQ! Yay!! I love Queen, and the Pet Shop Boys.

I remember hearing Queen for the first time in the mid 70s, I'd just left home, feeling weird. Listening to the Sheer Heart Attack album with my friend, in our scruffy flat in London. Ahh yes, Lily of the Valley, played that track over and over. Kept me alive. heheh.

Fave Queen video, 'I Want To Break Free'. Such a great band.

I have the Pet Shop Boys DVD of Cubism, the concert in Mexico City. Have you seen that? It's amazing. Especially Go West at the end. Ahhh, brilliant.

You play synth? I play synth. I love my synths. Play every day.

Could go on talking for ages, you've inspired me. smiley - rofl Run out of time now, smiley - run

cc smiley - ok


Thank you

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks cactuscafe! smiley - biggrin

I agree with you, Queen's music is excellent for making you feel better when you're feeling weird smiley - ok They kept me company when I was at uni and living away from home for the first time, too.

Lily of the Valley is one of my favourites as well - such a gentle song. I Want to Break Free is an excellent video, but I think I like Radio GaGa just a little bit better, because of John Deacon's hair! smiley - laugh

I don't have many Pet Shop Boys DVDs, though (yet...) but I did enjoy the Top of the Pops appearances and the Glastonbury concert that were on the Ultimate DVD.

I don't play my synth every day, as I don't always have time, what with other things competing for my attention, but I do enjoy it when I do play smiley - cool

Not that I'm all that good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uul7AG-Xqgsmiley - blush


Thank you

Post 5

cactuscafe

Hullo SashaQ! Nice to hear from you! Is that you playing synth on the YouTube link? That's amazing!

I've been listening to Human League and Depeche Mode recently, great synth bands, I love them.

I tend to be quite out of vogue with my musical tastes, sometimes, but if the music takes me there, then I'll travel. An eccentric older lady let loose with an ipod smiley - rofl. I get teased by my peers, affectionately though. smiley - rofl.

I don't think I could put my own synth efforts on You Tube though. smiley - rofl. People might run away.

Nice to talk to you, SashaQ, and all the best with your music!

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote


Thank you

Post 6

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I remember on A Day At The Races the proud boast on the gatefold sleeve was 'No Synths!'

They were really rather rubbish though 'in them days' smiley - seniorsmiley - rofl


Thank you

Post 7

cactuscafe

heheh yeh, hey Magwitch! smiley - rofl, love it.

smiley - musicalnote


Thank you

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

"Is that you playing synth on the YouTube link? That's amazing! "

smiley - blush It certainly is me playing - thank you! smiley - biggrin

"I tend to be quite out of vogue with my musical tastes, sometimes, but if the music takes me there, then I'll travel."

smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

"I remember on A Day At The Races the proud boast on the gatefold sleeve was 'No Synths!'"

Yeah smiley - ok - that appeared on a few album sleeves until The Game in 1980. I think it's great, because it proved that their skill in creating music was purely from their guitars, drums and vocals, so they were talented indeed smiley - cool (but means it is much more difficult to emulate their sound using a mere synth, so I haven't got much Queen in my youtube repertoire yet...)

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Create challenge: The Soundtrack of My Life

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more