A Conversation for A Lifetime of Cycling

No Subject

Post 1

Deek

I enjoyed reading this. It's nice to get a different take on something. You're a lot more experienced cyclist than I am.

2,000 kilometers' Wow...

Deke smiley - biggrin


...

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks. smiley - biggrin With my new bike I feel a bit like a beginner, though. I have to learn how to brake, how to shift gears (I used to have three gears, now it's 11). From what I've read in your journal, I guess it's comparable to your new kayak. smiley - biggrin


Biking...

Post 3

Deek

Yes it would be. I've got a bike that I've hardly used. It's got.. smiley - erm... a lot of gears.. and I never seem to be in the right one. That's probably why it doesn't get used much. My first bike as a kid had three gears and I went everywhere on it. Until motor bikes came along that is.

As well as kayaking my son does triathalons and thinks nothing much of doing 50 - 100 miles. I don't know where he gets the energy.

http://wheezystriathlonanddwblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Deke


Biking...

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, has he ever taken part in IronMan? Ironman frankfurt asses my home (and took place only recently). I'm totally in awe of people who do Triathlon.

You should cycle more - it's a lot better for your knees and other joints than jogging, especially if you carry some excess weight.

Do you think you could find out how to use those gears on your bike?


Biking...

Post 5

Deek

His first one was the first London Tri, way back. The swim was in docklands. And he's done a couple of others down in the New Forest. I think the last one was 'Ironman' distances. (I know the run at the end was a full 26 mile marathon). The others were the Olympic distance courses. He would really like to do the original Hawaii Ironman, but the costs involved are just too much. He also wants to do a sub-3hr marathon, but at the moment he's nursing a foot injury which cuts out running.

That's a good idea about the bike. I'd actually forgotten I've got one until your article.smiley - biggrin I'll have to see if I can dig it out of the garage. That may take a little while considering all the other junk in there.

Deke


Biking...

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

I just looked up the London Tri. smiley - wow that must be an amazing event.

Hope your son's foot recovers soon.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for A Lifetime of Cycling

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more