Is it True Love? I Say YES!

5 Conversations

I've seen places on site where you can write about the happiest moment of your life. I thought about it and wrote a little piece about it. I, at first, could only narrow it down to two events; but now I've narrowed it down to one and I figured I would write it down for my first guide entry.

I met him while I was still a senior in high school. I worked at Target (for the second time) and so did he. I remember it was the holiday season. I got lucky enough to have the privilege to work with him in his department for a few days, usually I was a cashier.

I remember how cute I thought he was when I first saw him, and I instantly had a crush on him. smiley - blush At first, I didn't know how to act around him. I knew he was older than I was, so I didn't want to seem immature. I don't know why it mattered so much to me because I was in a relationship (later I found out he was too).

I think I was pretty quiet for possibly the first 30 minutes or so of working with him until I was more comfortable. We would talk about all sorts of things, just getting to know each other. Work, of course, went by pretty quickly. For once, I had fun at work and didn't feel so worn out when I left. I actually looked forward to coming back to work the next day, because I was hoping to work with him again.

I remember working with him one night, and we were talking about the relationship I was in with Chad. I remember complaining because things weren't going too well. I was always being told that he was cheating on me. I always stuck by him (that's just the kind of person I am smiley - smiley) and defended him saying that he wasn't. I honestly believed what I was saying because the stories they told never seemed right, mainly because I was with him when they were saying he was with someone else. (Honestly, I never really figured out if any of that was true...he still denies it, so I trust that he wouldn't lie about it 2 years later...he is the forgetful type…but that is not the point.) I also talked with him about how my once "best friend" kept saying that she was seeing *my* boyfriend. I asked him what he thought I should do, because I really trusted his opinion...a quality that still exists today. smiley - smiley I don't even remember what his advice was at this point, and I don't think it ever really mattered what he said to me to begin with. I just liked the fact that he listened to me. I think that was really all that I was asking for.

After that night, I don't think I had the chance to work in his department again, but we usually found each other at work pretty often to catch up on things.

I found out that I was going to be in Miss Winter Sports again (it is sort of like Homecoming). I didn't want to be lame and get my dad to escort me again, so I got up the courage to ask him...and he said yes! smiley - wow I was so excited!!

The night finally came...boy was I nervous. My friend and I picked him up and brought him back to my house so that he could meet my parents. We stayed at my house for a few minutes while I got some last minute things done, then we headed out to my school. I saw lots of my friends and tried to be polite and talk to them, but I knew that he didn't know anyone there, so I wanted to include him without making him feel uncomfortable. We took pictures and then it was time for the big event. No, I didn't win, but I still had fun...mainly because I was there with him.

Afterwards, I went home and changed, and then we (my friend, me and him) went to McDonald's to grab something to eat. (Oh I know what you are thinking...so romantic, but we had fun, so that's all that matters.) I felt bad because he was still dressed up, but he didn't seem to mind. We sat there and joked around a bit. Well, guess who came in the door?! My ex, Chad. What a way to ruin a good time. We had broken up by then, but there were still those feelings for him deep down inside. I almost felt as if I had been caught cheating, although obviously I wasn't. I remember being told by my date that my face went white. I mean, I was in the middle of a sentence when he walked in, and I just got really quiet. I just stared at him, and everyone followed my gaze to see who I was looking at. He was nice enough not to ask what was going on, but I sort of half way clued him in on it anyways. After a minute or so (I guess after the shock of seeing him again) I was ok, and we just continued talking and joking around until we were all ready to go home.

By now, I really had a huge crush on him but was still too chicken to say anything to him. I thought there was the possibility that he liked me, but I still wasn't completely sure. I just didn't want to be turned down.

I remember taking the pictures to work for him...I promised I would give him half. Everyone there wanted to see them. That's when I found out about his relationship. I was kind of shocked because I never remembered hearing him say anything about her. But, I wasn't completely turned away from him because they didn't say much good stuff about her, so I assumed that things must not have been going too well...boy doesn't that sound mean? smiley - winkeye

I eventually lost my job, so I didn't see him very often after that. We lost touch and I honestly never thought I would hear from him again. I moved on and eventually found a new guy, but I always wondered what happened to him, and the feelings I had for him never went away either.

Out of the blue, just past my birthday this year, he emailed me. What a birthday present it was now that I look back on it. smiley - smiley It was so weird because my friend and I were talking about him just days before he emailed me. I was so excited to hear from him. We tried to catch up in as little time as possible, and we both kind of made a point to say that we were single. We kind of flirted a bit, and he finally told me he liked me. Get this, he liked me back when we worked together. Stupid me, if only I had said something! I told him that I liked him and that I even had a crush on him before, too.

That was about 4 months ago (I think) and now we talk every day. We both knew we had strong feelings for each other, so we agreed that we wanted to be in a relationship. Within a few weeks, we knew it was love. He told me he loved me smiley - loveblush and I almost cried. I've had people say that they love me, but it never seemed like they really meant it (I mean I thought they did, but now I kind of know they didn't, or else not as much as they made it out to seem like). It was different with him, I just knew that he meant it. And when I told him I loved him, I know he knew I meant it too. That is just the greatest feeling in the world, to know that someone really loves you, and that someone *must* be someone other than your parents. smiley - smiley

He is truly the nicest and sweetest guy I have ever met, and he really means the world to me. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost him. I've never been as happy as I am with him. I just don't even really know how to begin to explain it! I just know what I feel in my heart, and I know what he tells me that he feels, and that's all that matters. He has even hinted about how he thinks that I am *the one* for him, and that makes me the happiest person alive because I feel the same way.

It's hard for people to understand how I feel because we are pretty far apart...me in NC, him in NY, and I haven't seen him in about a year and a half. But like I said, I know what I feel in my heart, and that is what helps get me through. Unfortunately now he is away fighting for our country. smiley - sadface I understand why he is there, and I respect him for taking on this big task, so I am ok with that. smiley - cheerup I know he is ok, and I know he will come back home safely, but there will always be that part of me that worries about him. He is afraid that now I will leave him because of the situation, but I won't. I just can't get him to understand that. I care more for him now that I ever have before. The feelings will never go away, they will just continue to grow. I just look forward to when he gets home so that we can definitely find out for sure if what we have is real.

*UPDATE*

We'll, here's my update. Things didn't work out with the above mentioned person, but that's ok. I'm sure that I'll meet that perfect someone one day. Wish me luck!

Casey
smiley - angel


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A652402

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more