A Conversation for h2g2 House Rules

Advertising?

Post 1

harmlessalain

I am wondering if it would be a violation of the advertising rule if I invited people to play a free online game which has a Hitchhikers community (an alliance) within it? The game is strictly not-for-profit and completely 100% legal in terms of content and copyright. I ask merely to invite others to join the community and to further enjoy this wacky world of Hitchhikers in another medium.


Advertising?

Post 2

harmlessalain

Oh! By "Advertise" and "invite" I mean writing a Guide entry on the game and perhaps starting a conversation in the MiscChat - I do NOT intend to spam people's pages or harass folk. Just so that's clear.


Advertising?

Post 3

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

At a guess, if you go to Askh2g2 and see if anyone wants to help you write a guide entry on the topic, then that should be fine.

Also, chatting about a game shouldn't pose a problem, unless you started randomly spamming people onsite with invitations to play, which from the sound of it isn't your intention.

Hope this helps, Pearlsmiley - smiley


Advertising?

Post 4

electricEgyptian

This has made me curious. What is the game?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more