A Conversation for Jean Baudrillard's Theory of Hyperreality

A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 41

Phred Firecloud

Let me try that again without the typos,

Interesting...I am one of the 99% who are so implacably stupid as to be incapable of understanding.,.but the single thought that only those that have experienced war first-hand can understand it certainly grabbed my attention...and the concept of hyper-reality and the media certainly seems to go a long way to explain the disconnect between what is and what we collectively believe...hang in there.

I read this through with some interest although I confess that the title put me off until just now when another reviewer directed my attention to it. Keep writing, this is good work.

-Formerly Phred


A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 42

Animeberserker

Thank you


A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 43

Cyzaki

The author has elvised - flea market time?

smiley - panda


A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 44

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Beats the hell out me - both entry and thread had me completely bamboozled from day 1.


A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 45

Trin Tragula

I'm not sure about Flea Market for this, just because it would be extremely difficult to use it as the basis for an entry on Baudrillard.

Firstly, it's rather too 'specialised' - it's niggling at minor points (Marx etc.) instead of aiming to 'introduce' Baudrillard.

Secondly, it still reads to me as it did the first time I saw it - a lightly jiggled undergrad essay on Baudrillard, not really a potential guide entry.

I don't want to get drawn back into the arguments there've been on this thread, but, basically:

1. I still maintain Baudrillard would be perfectly legitimate as the subject of a decent guide entry, with attention to his critics, certainly, but without the need to make discrediting his entire output the heart of such an entry.

2. I wouldn't want to try it myself smiley - winkeye (not at present, anyway)

3. This entry doesn't really provide the basis for such an entry - it would be much easier for Researcher X to start from scratch than have to use this.

Back to entry (if that's the right term) would be my feeling, rather than Flea Market - I'm afraid I never quite knew what this was doing in PR in the first place: it's far too dense and forbidding.


A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 46

Animeberserker

"The author has elvised - flea market time?"

What exactly does that mean? - by the why, for all those you care (I know there are few) I'm in school and swamped with work and that is why I never got around to making those changes, hopefully in time, maybe during winter break, I can.


A4770975 - Hyperreality and the meaning of life: A look at the basics of Jean Baudrillards theory of hyperreality

Post 47

echomikeromeo

If a Researcher hasn't posted in two months, they're considered to have 'Elvised' ('left the building'). If they have an entry in Peer Review at the time, that entry can be moved to the Flea Market. This is a forum for entries that have been abandoned by their authors, and so other Researchers can come in and finish the work that needs to be done on them. A move to the FM has to be proposed by one Scout and seconded by another, so that's what was going on.

If you don't think you'll be able to work on this till winter break maybe you should remove it from Peer Review yourself until you can work on it again. Just go to PeerReview, find your entry and click on the 'x' to remove it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more