Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing! Episode 16

0 Conversations

Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing!

Episode 16

Weasel glanced at the clock and frowned. 'We really should start solving the Nebrask crisis. President Woodhed will be expecting an update from Irving at 3:00 this afternoon, and then at 6:00 p.m. the HTTP tribe will be telling Woodhed how much it will cost to get Nebraska back. Spot and Irving, it is time for you to visit Nebraska in Dimension 666. Anything you can find out while you're there will help a lot.'

'Weasel, I thought you said your machines are capable of screening other universes and dimensions,' Sprilznick said.

'Your point is. . . ?'

'Before we go into enemy territory, shoudn't you view as much of it as possible with you computer, so we know where best to focus our attention?'

'The other side might have machines that can spot our signal. I'd like to beam you there as quickly as possible, then beam you back here when you're done, so they don't have time to figure out where you came from,' Weasel explained.

'Eventually we'll be able to cloak our signals so we can scan other universes undetected,' Spot said. 'We aren't at that stage yet, but by next Spring we will be. Who knew we'd need this capability this soon? In any event we can't wait until then. The other side isn't going to give us six more months to plan our response.'

Spot trotted down the hall to Weasel's computer room while Sprilznick was putting on his jacket. He noticed that a vine from the florgar room was growing along the wall, but thought nothing of it. Those florgars were interesting creatures! Maybe when he had the money, he could do research on them. They'd be perfect for spying on the enemy, though they'd need to be trained not to be too feisty.

Post 2024 Writing Project Archive

Paulh

29.04.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88048623

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more