The h2g2 Post 02.05.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 2nd May 2016

The Lusty Month of May

Plum blossoms.

That darling month when everyone goes blissfully astray…
Well, I don't know about you, but Your Editor is ready to go gambol in some fields. It's been a long winter, in spite of the overoptimistic Groundhog, and that sun is awfully inviting. Go out and pet a flower. Admire a bee at work. Get some ice cream. And remember to take your internet-enabled Device and your mobile with photo app along, so you can share the wonders of spring with us.

That's if you're in the northern hemisphere, of course. If you're in the southern one, like our Willem, you can send us photos of autumnal beauty. Which he has. See below for a seasonal contrast, courtesy of our two gardens. There's more nature in this issue, to wit, an oryx to admire and an equally admirable horse, which is patiently modelling Malabarista's new medieval saddle. Guess who's going jousting this spring? And why do we suddenly have the urge to sing 'We Will Rock You'? Best of luck, Mala!

We have more medieval lore for you in this issue. Try to pass the quiz on the real Middle Ages, you LOTR and Game of Thrones fans. Ha! Take that! And celebrate May madness by reading a vintage fantasy bit, straight from Gamemaster Tennyson himself.

Others are underway this season, all over the insane continent of Europe. What do I mean? Just look at the photo Milla sent us from her trip to Germany. Now I ask you, who's decorating Berlin these days? Mad installation artists?

More European madness appears in the Ninja Film Review, in which we consider the wonderful documentary, Chuck Norris vs. Communism. No insult intended to Awix's favourite action hero, but Statham doesn't have a whole page of Romanian jokes dedicated to him, now does he? Awix will also be along with a real cinema review, so don't fret.

There's more murky humour in here, and more than a few writing challenges to get your typing fingers flowing. So read, start arguments (or just natter), and get ready to send more Stuff! And have a wonderful week out there!
A flower bed with loveliness in.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

EXOTIC CLIMES
  • Scimitar Horned Oryx by Willem.
  • A bicycle hanging from a lamppost in Berlin.

PUZZLING THINGS

OLD FASHIONS

  • Malabarista's trusty steed.
  • This is not a UFO.

NOTES FROM PAST AND PRESENT
TO BOLDLY WRITE
  • Create May Challenge.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87870324

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more