The h2g2 Post 08.09.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th September 2014

All Things Bright and Beautiful

An autumn tree. Is autumn breaking out the leaves for you yet? Here in the US South, that's a pleasure deferred. The weather is still hot, and the flowers are still in bloom. Down in the Southern Hemisphere, Willem's planting and sowing. As usual, he shares. Do you spot signs of seasonal change where you're living? If so, remember that Create would like you to point your mobile in the direction of the change, and send it to the Post. We want your pics.

This week, we celebrate bright things: beauty, bright ideas, and the bright people who populate this website. You're so bright, you glow in the dark. We bet the quiz is no challenge at all. Nigel has a bright idea involving a time machine and his favourite guilty pleasure, something about ballroom dancing.

Speaking of guilty pleasures, we bet Bluebottle's involves dodging other people's bright ideas…read about it here. Ben thinks the internet is a pretty bright idea, and he'll tell you why.

September's Create challenge is to tell about your guilty pleasures. What do you do that you want to tell us about? Drop it in the email. It makes a change from those plumbing supply adverts…

Enjoy the season, wherever you are. And have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BRIGHT THINGS
  • Tiger by Willem
  • .

  • Cape Rothmannia by Willem.


BRIGHT IDEAS

  • Yellow jacket soup

BRIGHT LIGHTS

  • Time travel ballroom dancing.
  • A water cricus.

BRIGHT PEOPLE (YOU)
  • Guilty food pleasures.
  • East Jesus Art Project.

OTHER PEOPLE'S BRIGHT IDEAS
  • Create
  • Bright idea: Catch up on reading.

  • Bright ideas.
  • September 2014 Create.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87834270

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more