There's a world of delights out there.
The Post Quiz: Global Guilty Pleasures
When you mention 'guilty pleasures', many people think of food and drink. Overindulgence is not a crime, usually, but it tends to leave us feeling a bit sheepish. What's your favourite form of food indulgence? (Please don't say 'chip butties'.) The urge appears to be worldwide: everybody has a guilty food pleasure, and some of them are even for export.
For this quiz, figure out where each of these yummy treats is at home.
Fill in the blanks.
- Does your sweet tooth exceed all reasonable bounds? Try baklava from _________.
- Try sweet and greasy. We can blame the whole country of __________ for the deep-fried Mars Bar.
- Still sweet…the ________ Empire gave us rahat lokum.
- Do you prefer your sybaritic pleasures on the stinky side? Camembert and Brie come from ________.
- How about really stinky? Stinky to the max? Sample chou doufu, or stinky tofu, from ________.
- The more discerning gourmand may insist on piscine delights. In _______, they bury the shark for years in volcanic soil, just to get a taste treat.
- Salty fish eggs? Really? A major source of caviar is _________.
- ________ is the go-to continent for peanut butter soup. Not so guilty, this pleasure: it's nutritious and eco-friendly.
- Is hot chocolate your favourite indulgence? First documented in 1750 BCE in ___________ __________.
- Do you drool over macademia nuts? Thank the folks in _________. It's bush tucker.
We're sure this was easy as pecan pie – a big delicacy in the US South – but in case you want to check, click the picture below.