The h2g2 Post 14.07.14

2 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 14th July 2014

Dolphins, Horses, and Other Exotic Creatures

Ben Hur on stage, with horses. Boy, wouldn't you have liked to see that? A stage production of Ben Hur. Oh, sure, the plot is a big yawn. But a live chariot race? On stage? Now, that's exotic. Some wag noted that back in the 19-aughts, theatre was still trying to be cinema. Awix would have loved it. After all, he's such an action fan1 He'll give you his expert opinion on another 'oldie but goodie' this week.

We're all about the exotic this time. Willem's got the plant and animal life covered, and Ben's got those pesky politicians, bureaucrats, and other two-legged things that belong in cages. Tucuxii outdoes everyone by going for a swim. At least he's not sleeping with the fishes…

We're quizzing you on July revolutions. How anybody has the energy to foment anything at all beyond a cold frappe is, frankly, beyond this editor. It's all we can do these days to drag ourselves out to the pool.

Speaking of exotic locales, we're taking you to the frozen North – a reflection of northern-hemisphere July heatwave longing – and generally trying to remind you that, yes, Create wants your travel memories. And pics. We love pics. Send 'em here.
Ben Hur is all over these pages. The Middle East's first NASCAR champion sneaks in everywhere. See if you can spot him. And just think: even if you find it frustrating to get the exact mots for your Guide Entry, you cannot possibly write worse than some of the US's most popular bestsellers. With that in mind, get writing!

Oh, and enjoy your week! Summer's lease hath all too short a date, as the great man said.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THINGS THAT FLY AND CREEP
  • Reed Cormorant by Willem
  • .

  • Port St Johns Creeper by Willem.


TRANSFORMATIONS

  • A hypodermic needle and a vial

THE MOVING FINGER WRITES...

  • Writer at work.
  • Oops..

FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD
  • Cold antennae.
  • Another Alaskan hideaway.

JULY SURPRISES
  • July Create.
  • A

  • Che Guevara.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Can't you just imagine Jason Statham in a chariot race?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87827854

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more