The h2g2 Post 12.11.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 12th November 2012

Motion in Both Directions

The gorge swimming hole. h2g2ers: always on the go. The thing is, you can go with the flow, follow (or even lead) the trends, or you can buck the tide, fight against the current. Which do we do? Depends. What time is it?

This week's issue brings you the best of both approaches to life on Earth. On the one hand, some of our contributors are savouring the moment – a lot of these moments are outdoors, and very well illustrated. Willem's heard a hoot, and Pastey's smelled some peat. He's also sent us some photos, come look.

On the other hand, there are times you need to stand up and be counted. We reflect on that, with the Armistice Day season upon us. benjaminpmoore wants us to think about what civil courage means to those who are battling more than their share of life's adversities. They tell it well, we urge you to read.

The usual suspects are here, with snarkiness, fun, and enough weirdness to make you hold your head.

We welcome coelacanth to these pages – it's been awhile, she says – as she lets us in on the glamorous life of a film extra. We snagged this bit of personal narrative from Create's NaJoPoMo Project. Lots of Researchers are doing it – keeping a journal every day for a whole month. Paulh is telling a surreal story. Beatrice and Minorvogonpoet are telling their adventures in verse. Z is teaching us medical terns we never knew before, like 'dyspraxia'. And Icy North is teasing us, as usual. Your Editor is compiling a month-long list of free films on the internet. If you have a yen to read any of these, just click on the names on the Project page.

Special Stop-Press Advert!!!
WANTED: PREFERABLY ALIVE: POST STAFF MEMBERS
Requirements: Must be able to deal with GuideML. Must have a couple of hours free every week. Must like the Post.
In accordance with the Geneva Agreement of 2142, all sanity requirements are waived for jobs with the Post.
Remuneration: Wait until we stop laughing. Er, you get the love and thanks of man, woman, and hamster.
Apply to: The Post at postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com. (If you can figure out that address, you qualify.)



Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

SPEAKING THE TRUTH

GOING WITH THE FLOW


 

BATTLING TRENDS


 

 
SAVOURING THE MOMENT

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87773601

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more