Random Ramblings

2 Conversations

The Frankfurt Opera House.
It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.

So you can't see me, no, not at all.

If you read this today (16.04.09), I'll be in a state of panic and wishing that nobody can see me; no, not at all! I'll prepare to go to see the Rocky Horror Show in the Opera House here in Frankfurt. When my husband suggested a few months ago that we'd go, I thought it was a nice idea, and agreed. However, since then it has occurred to me that going there in a related fancy dress is more or less compulsory. Now I hate fancy dress events1 in the first place, and themed ones doubly so! I have now decided to go as Janet: no costume required. I'll just dress normally and take my hat in acknowledgement of the extremely popular and well known film. So OK, my hat has the wrong colour, but its shape and size are similar to the hat Janet wears in the film.

The one event I'm really looking forward to, is the London Meet in about three weeks. Lots of people will be there, and quite a few which I haven't met yet, so that will be marvellous. I only hope we'll have such nice weather as we've had here for the last week. Spring has finally sprung, and all the trees are either sporting fresh leaves, or are even in full bloom, like the various cherry trees I can see whichever of my windows I look out of.

Now wouldn't it be nice if we could say the same about hootoo? Unfortunately, it still seems to be in hibernating mode, as it is really quiet, even this week's Talking Point about the most recent changes to the Front Page hasn't woken anybody up so far, and that although it is something you'd expect to be discussed very controversially! Gone seem the days when I unsubscribed from Ask h2g2 because my conversation list was unmanageable. However, we at the Post Office never sleep, which is why you're reading the brand new issue of our marvellous community 'paper'. Our industrious Post Editor Skankyrich hired two artists, namely Malabarista and King Bomba, so please welcome them to our ever-growing team. Just like everybody else before them, they've been thrown in at the deep end, and they're doing well!

Now that we have our very own 'cartoonist slaves', I'm hoping for some new illustrations for columns and special occasions, like h2g2's 10th birthday, which we'll celebrate in our next issue (or so I think). I already have an idea for something special to contribute, and I've found the right man to help me with it, so watch this space (or rather the next issue)! Dust off your keyboards and get writing (if you aren't writing for us anyway)!! This really is a special year, and one day you can proudly look back and say: 'I was part of it.'

If you are stuck for ideas, why don't you go and have a look at the h2g2 Post Readers' Forum? Lots of great ideas in there. If you have an idea about what you'd like to read in the Post, but don't have the time or skills to do it yourself, you can still suggest it there, and who knows, somebody else might be intrigued by it and take it on.

Oh, and just one more thing: in my Editorial a while back, I asked our writers to provide their user number with their submission. Now, this isn't of relevance to those of our writers who provide their columns fully prepared, but to all the others I plead: add your user number to your submission. smiley - grovel.
So far, there have fortunately been a few of our regular contributors who now sent their U number – you know who you are. My heartfelt thanks to you.

I'll let you off now, but not before you had a look at the latest LotD, provided, like those in previous columns, by our overworked eds.

Random Ramblings Archive

B'Elana

16.04.09 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1If *I* am expected to wear a fancy dress, that is.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A49894023

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more