Just for Fun

1 Conversation


Hey there. it's time for another bumper filled edition of Just For Fun! Have a great Halloween everyone, remember if an orange cat knocks on your door, give her a box of doughnuts... It's really not worth annoying her you know...



It's A Wrap



The weekly quiz, based on Film. The names of the researchers who send in all the correct answers will be published in next weeks POST. All answers MUST be in by Friday 3rd November 2000.



Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves
  1. Who wrote the music for the film?
  2. What is the name of the forest in which Robin and his men lived?
  3. Who played Robin Hood?
  4. Who played King Richard?
  5. Which of the following was not one of Robin's men? Bill Scarlet, Friar Tuck or Little John.


The answers to last weeks question and a list of researchers with all correct answers, can be found below.

Joke of the Week



Two trucks loaded with a thousand copies of Roget's Thesaurus collided as they left a New York publishing house last Thursday, according to the Associated Press.


Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied...


Name That Song



Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it. Answers will be published in next weeks Post. This one is 'Just For Fun' folks, so don't E-Mail me the answers.


This weeks quote:-



'And through it all she offers me protection, A lot of love and affection...'


Best on the Web



Each week I try to show you a page on the web that has got to win an award somewhere, even it is 'The Oddest Web Page on the Net Award'. So if you know a web page that I should check out for inclusion in this section, then e-mail me and let me know. Remember to keep it clean folks...



Have you ever visited Joe Cartoon?


This site is not for the faint hearted, so if you are a little squeamish don't go... You have been warned!!

CLICK HERE


Letters to the Cat



Now some of the best letters sent in this week, keep them coming in folks.

Some letters may be edited due to space limitations




Greebo

I received this in my email as a forward, but it's fun.


Chocolate Math

This freaks me out. It only takes 30 seconds....... Work this out as you read.
  1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate. (Try for more
    than once but less than 10)
  2. Multiply this number by 2 (Just to be bold)
  3. Add 5. (For Sunday)
  4. Multiply it by 50. I'll wait while you get the calculator................
  5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1750. If you haven't, add 1749.
  6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born. (If you remember!)


You should now have a three digit number.

The first digit is your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week)

The second two digits are your age.

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2000) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS. COOL......


Kumetanzuka


Does this mean I can eat all that choccie without feeling guilty Kumetanzuka?

Greebs





Dear Greebs

Spied this Top Ten list of Children's Costumes for this years Halloween. It's supposed be compiled by Halloween Experts at Party City, whoever they are???


1. Powerpuff Girls

2. Pokemon

3. Barbie

4. Power Rangers

5. Scream

6. Batman

7. Digimon

8. Blues Clues

9. Hippie

10. Dragonball Z


H2G2 Researcher.


At least I will be prepared, though someone please tell me, what Powerpuff Girls and Blues Clues are?
Greebs




THE WINNERS


As usual nobody got all the answers right to last weeks It's A Wrap, bad luck all those that sent in.


Oh, before I forget, here's an apology to Munchkin. It seems that 'It's A Wrap', is making him think at work. Shame that you didn't get the date right last week. So close, only 7 years out.

LAST WEEKS ANSWERS



IT'S A WRAP
  1. Jean-Paul Gaultier
  2. Earth, Wind, Fire and Water
  3. Gary Oldman
  4. Bruce Willisl
  5. 2257




NAME THAT SONG


You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins


AND FINALLY




Send your quiz answers, jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

30.10.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A462043

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more