Take5

1 Conversation


Every day five or more newly approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out and reviews the most entertaining and interesting entries of the week, as far as I'm concerned anyway. My tastes do not reflect yours in any way and feel free to have completely different ideas from mine; it is, after all, a free country.

  • Binary Star Systems A good entry on this astronomical curiosity. Tells you all about the different types of binaries and a few good ones to look out for.

  • Bullying Another advice type of
    entry, this one on how to cope with bullying. Having experienced this myself in my younger years I know how difficult it can be dealing with it. And by looking at the amount of researchers that contributed to it I was not alone. Something for anyone who is suffering.

  • History of the Condom Next time your pulling on one of these slimy things and trying not too retch at the smell, just be glad you're not wearing a second hand sheep gut sheath. Read this and you'll never complain again.

  • How to Learn to Speak Klingon Not
    something you'll need in everyday life is it, but if you want to impress fellow researchers convention goers by speaking a made-up language then read on.

  • Nachos The food section of Take5 makes a welcome return. A fave of Beavis and Buttheads, and me, this food of the gods does not get enough credit. So pay homage to their healthy goodness by reading this entry.

  • Science Fiction and Fantasy A brief entry but one that I am sure many of you have an interest in. Just a bit of info about this huge and diverse subject. Hopefully the author will do a more indepth entry soon.

  • Tasty Jam Sponge Pretty self explanatory this one, a recipe for a sponge cake...yummy!

  • Teenage Issues This entry is a good one for all those people who feel the need to fit in with the in-crowd all the time. It is basically an entry on how to deal with peer pressure. If you're having any problems like this, then there may well be some advice in here for you, you don't have to be a sheep and follow everyone else.

  • The 3DO Interactive Multiplayer This was a machine well ahead of it's time and it paid the price for been released so early. If you want to find out about an obscure piece of gaming history which has now gone the same way as the PC Engine, FM Towns Marty and the Amiga CD32 then look no further.

  • Unreal Tournament One of my fave passtimes and probably responsible for this article been late more times than I would care to admit. If you have never played a first person shooter this would be a good place to start, so you can find out all the info before you part with your hard earned cash to buy it.


Shorty


31.07.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A405262

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more