Random Ramblings

1 Conversation

We are going on a summer holiday

[...]


We're going to London and New York City


And we take a little piece of Amsterdam.

Well, not quite, but I will go to London soon; and I won't go in summer but in spring, and it will only be for a weekend and not for a holiday, but still. Yes, it's h2g2 meet-time again! The date is Saturday, 26 April, so write it in your diary. Go to the h2g2 London Spring Meet Page for more info, and for signing up.

If you don't know what this is all about, have a look at the Post's very own h2g2 Meets Archive and read the Meet Reports.

However, meets are only one aspect of the very many the site has to offer. And just like in real life, new things come, like the AViators, the Beeblecast, or even the new 'Bookmarking' feature which was recently released. Now there's a handy feature if you ask me: you can bookmark any entry you like, and you're only a couple of mouseclicks away from it. Gone are the times when you had to sift through pages and pages in search for an entry you meant to come back to for further reading, editing or whatever. But note: this nifty new addition does only work in the default skin, i.e in Brunel. Plus, I'm not entirely sure what is meant by 'Edited Guide' contributors. This does look a bit exclusive, but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick there.

Another, absolutely fascinating feature is currently being tested, but it seems it has still a long way to go before it can be released unto the unsuspecting hootooer: now it's there, now it's gone; but rest assured, once it fully works, you'll have hours of fun exploring...

Other things go, like the Entry of the Month, which seems to have died a silent, lonesome death through negligence. I for one am sorry about this.

And then, there are those things that are here to remain, like your bi-weekly edition of The h2g2 Post with its Cartoons, its Poetry, Fiction, Features, Regulars, and all the other articles and Artwork you can find in the Archives.

Oh, and I have a reason to celebrate. No, not Valentine's day, that's for others.

I've been writing my Random Ramblings for a just over a year now, and this is No 25! I haven't missed a single Post edition since I started, but I did write something different for the Post Christmas Competitions in December. If I add the number of poems I've submitted, and the couple of Meet reports, the total of Post submissions turns out to be more than twice the amount of Guide Entries I have written, and that in just 1/3 of the time. I'm quite proud of this achievement, if I may say so myself. So, let's have a party!

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Random Ramblings
Archive

B'Elana

14.02.08 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A32257325

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more