This is me
If you were being kind you'd probably describe me as a petite brunette and use words like 'cheerful' and 'friendly'.
If you weren't feeling so nice, you'd probably call me a short, grinning imbecile.
I'm hoping you're the nice kind...
- Wine-tasting - I did a course, so can now tell people lots of dull facts about soil types in the Rhone Valley but still can't reliably pick out a decent bottle in the Off Licence (sigh)
- Yoga - not obsessively, just occasionally
- Food - both cooking and eating
- Poker - Texas Hold'Em, naturally. I've almost cured my addiction to watching it on telly but I lapse occasionally. Maximum real-life winnings: thirty quid
- Reading - I generally get through two or three novels a week. I get irrationally delighted when one of them is actually worth reading
- Writing stuff - when I was an angst-ridden teenager, I used to love writing short stories, but I've rather lost the knack now I'm happily hitched and haven't so much to get angsty about!
- Art and antiques - see, just when you thought I was sounding quite interesting, I go and drop in a clanger like this. I'm not actually an Antiques Roadshow devotee, I just happen to have acquired a few nice bits of furniture and a couple of lovely paintings and they make me very happy
- France - what's not to love? The weather, the food (see above), the wine (again, see above) and, although it seems to have become cool in recent years to claim that French people are unwelcoming and unfriendly, in my experience, they're quite the opposite!
- Cricket - I know far more about cricket than any normal person needs/wants to, thanks to the obsession of my beloved other half. It must be contagious as I now rather like the darned game...
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|Hello Ali baba||May 19, 2005|
|Hi Ali Baba....||Sep 8, 2002|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Peer Review: A87931740 - 'Alone in Berlin': Everyday Resistance in Hitler's Reich||No Posting||3 Days Ago|
|A87936123 - Maria Gaetana Agnesi - Mathematician||No Posting||3 Days Ago|
|Peer Review: A87929293 - The Ultimate Carry On Film Guide: 1962 - 1964||No Posting||3 Days Ago|
|A87939526 - Grace Hopper - Mathematician and Computer Scientist||No Posting||3 Days Ago|
|A87940443 - The Case of the Prevaricating Prophet: Newo Newi New and the Diploma of Immortality||No Posting||3 Days Ago|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
This user has no Bookmarks