A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where were we?

Post 441

anancygirl

Still trying to get through 'The Elegant Universe'quantum mechanic's is not easy to warp(sorry wrap) ones' mind aroundsmiley - biggrin but it is still very much FUN!

Where were we?

Post 442

Effers;England.

Yeah I did the basics of quantum stuff at school and first year uni, a while ago now.......smiley - laugh But I've seen loads of telly progs about basic quantum stuff.

Everything in science is based on probability. That's why, apart from religion being a load of woo-woo nonsense, science is so much sexier. That uncertainty at the basis of everything is just so much more erotically up there than certainty. You know what I mean? The fundamental excitement of uncertainty. The betting on the dice, the cards for the poker player. Probability makes you feel alive. Certainty is death.

Where were we?

Post 443

anancygirl

Yeah the joy in being, is really the best game in town. Also gives a great outlook on ones life(and grounding)Though there are some things we can preceive as almost certain, the rest is a crap shoot so to speak.smiley - biggrin Sometimes too many variables(sp)but that's the fun!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more