A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Why don't Grocery Stores Alphabetize Soup?

Post 61

Anonymouse

Now, brace yourself...

I HATE shopping! smiley - winkeye

Post 62

EyeQueue(91614)

Shopping isn't that bad, as long as you are look at stuff you really like. But shopping for neccessary things is a chore, and people hate chores. Therefor you are not alone. smiley - smiley

Post 63

Anonymouse

No... I just hate shopping in general.

Shopping means spending money I don't have. smiley - winkeye

Post 64

Aoibheil 56832

Is this a male thing? My boyfriend hates shopping, no he HATES shopping. I'm not trying to stereotype but I know many men who do.

Post 65

Anonymouse

There was a reason I said 'Now brace yourself' ... and it surely wasn't due to any maleness on my part. smiley - winkeye

Post 66

CatConan

I'm not trying to stereotype but I know many women really HATE shopping when ist is the every
day shopping in a grocery, but they LOVE shopping if it is for new clothes or shoes or jewellery
from the money they press out of their poor husband's empty wallet smiley - smiley)
And for the subject why grocery stores don't alphabetize: staff can't really work with the alphabet, that's
the only reason smiley - smiley))

Post 67

CatConan

I'm not trying to stereotype but I know many women really HATE shopping when it is the every
day shopping in a grocery, but they LOVE shopping if it is for new clothes or shoes or jewellery
from the money they press out of their poor husband's empty wallet smiley - smiley
And for the subject why grocery stores don't alphabetize: staff can't really work with the alphabet, that's
the only reason smiley - smiley

Post 68

Anonymouse

There are -way- too many single women out shopping to assume the money all comes from handy hubbies... But the type of shopping doesn't matter in my case... I just hate shopping in general. smiley - winkeye

Post 69

FiNdUs

The only place that unalphabetized educated staff can live is YOUR town smiley - winkeye
smiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyes

Post 70

FiNdUs

Yes, YOU hate it in general, yes yes.
And I am the King of Sweden.

I know a lot of single women whose most occupying activitiy is shopping. I guess we can speak of creatures stampeded by frustration.
smiley - bigeyes
No. I am not a jingo. I am ? Hmmm.
smiley - fish

Post 71

Orinocco (R51290)

What ?! Why has there been so much writen about this without anyone getting to the bottom of the tim ?>
Of course they 'Alphabetize' soup !!!!
It's SIMPLE (and so are the grocery store folk)
Soup all gets filed under S .

Post 72

CatConan

Of course, YOU AREN'T smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Post 73

gorogoro

Perhaps at your grocery store. At mine, just finding the *region* in which the soup exists is a challenge. You see, America has developed this concept of "Super Stores," "Hyper Markets," etc. which means that when you pop into the store to grab a few items, you first have to meander your way through the gas grills, past the lawn tractors, around the corner with the furniture, and then finally, after nearly knocking over a display of Halloween costumes, you *might* be somewhat close to the food section. Once you've reached the food, the item you're looking for could be in one of about 1,200 aisles. but rest assured, the "food" section doesn't just contain food... oh, no. That would be too simple. No, the "food" section contains ironing boards, cleaning supplies, toilet tissue, and all other types of things which one cannot ingest without a corresponding trip to an emergency room for prompt removal of whatever it is that you ingested.

Sorry, I think I carried on a bit there.

Post 74

CatConan

I don't think that this is reduced to my hometown smiley - smiley because I was confronted with phenomenon in a lot of different towns. Nevertheless your thoughts about alphabetization in grocery stores led me to a similar problem, I always meet in grocery stores or super markets: here I'd like to add a link to my entry about fast and slow queues at cash registers. How can I add a link to an other entry?? If you are interested in that topic, look for cash register in the "search" field smiley - smiley

Post 75

Anonymouse

*tiny bow* Your majesty....

Post 76

Anonymouse

Just type in http://your.link.here

(the above link won't work, of course smiley - winkeye)

Post 77

CatConan

hey mouse, lots of thanks for that advice, I hope I can manage it now

Post 78

CatConan

It's a test, I'm a bit dumb, you see ?? :-) http://Why.is."my".queue.at.the.cash.register.always.the.slowest?

Post 79

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Do you mean to say you DON'T eat your meals of an Ironing Board, use cleaning fluid as a condiment, or tissues as a napkin, before jamming your fork into your leg so you can be rushed to hospital to sample the delights of cold semolina pudding?

Ye Gods! What kind of creature are you?

Post 80

Anonymouse

OOoookay... lets try this again... Say you want to put a link in to the forum called "Boing"...

http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?MESSAGES[(THREADID*19773?forumid*1296)THREADS[(THREADID*19773?forumid*1296?subset*0)#

(I'm using NS, so all I had to do was right-click on the link to that thread, select 'copy link location' then come here and paste it in (ctrl + V).)

Does that help?

Key: Complain about this post