This is the Message Centre for Iyouboushi

Hmm

Post 1

Iyouboushi

Well, it seems that I only turn to this journal when I have hard essay assignments. Perhaps it's because I have two or three other journals aside from this one, or maybe just because I forget that I do have a journal here. In any case, I'm stuck with another assignment that makes the one-syllable essay look easy.

Taking the popular 5-page short story "Harrison Bergeron," we are to write a 1000 word essay over the character and how Vonnegut uses him to express several things within the writing. This may sound easy, but remember (if you've read the story), there's not much there to work with.

So the question is, can I proove Harrison is a hero who stands for individuality, personal-growth, and the better life? At the moment I have 733 words with almost nothing left to say. Time will tell..

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Iyouboushi

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more