This is the Message Centre for what you know as km

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 1

what you know as km

Okay, okay. So there are worse things I could have lost than a little picture of a sheep.

And it's all very clever and every change listed seems almost compulsory... after all, how could they *not* ban this and switch to that and improve the thing with the forums?

But those of us who are resistant to change are no doubt about to be emotionally battered a bit by all this happening at once. Not to be melodramatic, you understand.

But h2g2 is an important part of my life now. In an unhealthy sort of way.

Really.

So this is a lot to deal with. What a day it's been!

And what I'd like to know is how I'm supposed to contact these alleged Gadget people about my sheep. It does what it's supposed to do! Always has! Unfortunately, in my haste to tidy up my page when I found it in such disarray this afternoon, I took the sheep script right out. And when I hit the back button to copy it from the original version, it wasn't there... they improved that too. My sheep is lost.

Not that I don't probably have it saved somewhere. But this is the paranoid unstable researcher's hell, I tell you.

It'll all end in te... actually it'll all be forgotten in the morning, but I've changed my mind and I'm going for melodramatic after all.

*faints*

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 2

Ant

*catches KM* smiley - smiley

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 3

Jonny

*waves smelling salts around in an ineffectual sort of way*

Wake up, KM! Yours is the only page I can see now (at least out of the mayn, well several, that I've tried), except for my own, which is of very little interest to me - or indeed anyone else - although a couple of random links have appeared from nowhere so it was of some interest for a couple of seconds.

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 4

Classic Krissy

My K-R-I-S-S-Ylee is gone too!!

*sobs mightily* I didn't want to lose it, I didn't MEAN to lose it! It just got LOST!!!

*SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB* *SOB*

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 5

what you know as km

I know. I know. It isn't fair.

Oh yeah. *wakes up*

So it's all gone... it's all... *sigh* gone... and they probably won't make it a gadget because you have to use all your own graphics, you know? You know what I mean? You know? I hate that.

I loved my sheep...

How will I be able to tell when I'm home if there's no sheep?

*stops whining and goes off to try actively enjoying the new forum setup*

*clicks the right button to post her message*

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 6

Classic Krissy

Every time I show up at my page and there's no mouse chaser I get completely lost. It's a damn good thing I have a picture of Maggie up or I might dissapear into the stratosphere forever.

I keep previewing my messages too. I hate that. It's like hearing a recording of your voice right before you talk to someone. If I could hear half the things I meant to say right before I say them I woulnd't say them! If that makes any sense.

Right. I'm off to push the correct button now.

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 7

Ant

And I've lost my Ant too smiley - sadface But that will be back, admittedly at a site no one visits but well you know smiley - winkeye

Oh and I'm not really here smiley - winkeye

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 8

Classic Krissy

*looks around in an alarmed way*

Who's ther? Who said that? What on earth is going on here??

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 9

what you know as km

Well, I'm not sure, but I've heard that one of the people we don't know had a chaser (cause LOTS of people were using the script after a while) and the guy who fixes things got it working again. But I don't know if I trust handyman JavaScript... I mean, I have no doubt that it works beautifully, and that it's completely legitimate, but it's... sort of like... getting your second cousin Roger to redo the plumbing in your bathroom.

What if you have to try to fix a leak down there? You *so* won't know what's going on.

You know?

Of course you don't. It only makes sense to me, and only today.

The electrician is an idiot, I tell you. Shhh.

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 10

Classic Krissy

*shhh's and hangs around a seedy corner with a lead pipe hoping to whap some electricians*

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 11

what you know as km

Guido moustache, Coke bottle glasses. Biiiiiig mouth. Can't miss him.

(have I ever told you how much I've always hated those moustaches? I hate them twice now.)

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 12

Ant

*shaves off the moustache he's been growing* smiley - winkeye

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 13

Classic Krissy

*imagines Ant in a moustache and tries very very hard not to giggle too loudly lest she frighten away her prey*

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 14

Jonny

Your prey? Who are you stalking this time, Krissy? smiley - smiley

What sort of moustache were you going for, Ant? It's long been a source of regret for me that I have lazy facial hair that gives up at about 3mm (or an 1/8 inch, for anyone not reading in metric). I've lost up all hope of ever being able to grow a Dali style 'tache (preferably with one side half the length of the other), which was a childhood ambition of mine.

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 15

Classic Krissy

*preferes baby-smooth faces anyway*

Well, actually, baby-smooth or a goatee. smiley - smiley OR a little jazzer under-the-lip thing...

Actually, I just like men. That's it. Just like men. smiley - smiley

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

Post 16

Jonny

Well then Krissy, you'd probably like everyone in my house - there seems to be a bit of a "who can grow the most ridiculous-looking chin-based hair accessory" competition going on at the moment. I'll join in as soon as they decide to have a "who can go the longest without shaving without being sacked" competition.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for what you know as km

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more