This is the Message Centre for what you know as km

All right...

Post 1

what you know as km

...I finally did get down to writing that new entry I said I was going to write, and now it's written. So, erm... well I was going to say "so go read it," but... ahhh... okay, go read it, but only if you want to. smiley - smiley Otherwise... er, otherwise you'd better be doing something far more interesting, or I shall never forgive you...

All right...

Post 2

Jonny

Read and enjoyed. Especially the bit about pretentious bathers.

All right...

Post 3

what you know as km

*waves* Hi Jonny!

Thank you. smiley - smiley

All right...

Post 4

Jonny

Are you going to submit it?

It's about time I submitted something new, I had my Zzzzzzzzzzzz article rejected (what a surprise!) by beeline and Ant the other day, that gives me a rather pathetic 1/3. I was thinking of writing something on golf, only quite a few people have already done that and I'd have had to do too much research to find out who said the things I wanted to quote. I'm a lazy git at heart. And on the surface too.

All right...

Post 5

what you know as km

*shrug* It's submitted...

Ant AND beeline rejected it? That's pretty harsh innit? Most of us make do with one rejection...

No worries about your 1:3 ratio, anyway. I have three real entries on file, and I really only minorly contributed to all of them. I've written and submitted... erm, I don't know how many... but none has been accepted on its own merits. So... you know. smiley - smiley

All right...

Post 6

Ant

No we didn't reject it personally, we we're just there when the rejection email was sent Jonny smiley - winkeye

I like the 'We' article, cool smiley - smiley

All right...

Post 7

Spartus

You went again? Cool! You better have said hi to everyone for me. smiley - winkeye

Jonny, 1/3 isn't that bad, really. While editing, I average about 20% acceptances, and the only Entries that don't have me credited as 'Editor' are Driving Etiquette and the Long Weekend, to which I only contributed a few lines apiece. To go from 33% to 20%, you could write *two* more and have them rejected, so you're well ahead of the curve. smiley - winkeye

All right...

Post 8

Jonny

Yes, but, well dammit, I should have let it lie after the first one was accepted! smiley - smiley

All right...

Post 9

Spartus

That's the problem. The acceptance mail is kinda cool to get, so you want to keep getting it, right? smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for what you know as km

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more