This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

sociology

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I don't particularly like sociology
it could be because i don't think its a very relevant branch of study for a prospective nursing student...
it could be because i don't think its a relevant branch of study for anything much at all
now I am sure some of you enlightened people will be able to tell me the validity of sociology and why i shouldnt discredit it so widely and how it has real applications to the world as a whole...
and even how my tutor is right and we do live in a meritocracy smiley - rolleyes

my current assignment is

Theories and perspectives in sociology - understanding sociological theory: compare and contrast any two sociological theories and briefly evaluate them.
smiley - yawn

so I'm comparing Marxism and functionalism
this is quite good as there are a lot of differences between the two theories...
but its rather dull

Dr Anthea

sociology

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I also had one lecture of sociology at uni. I must say it was not bad, the prof was from Hamburg and always telling funny stories. Also I didn't have to write anything for it, we only had a (not very hard) exam at the end.

sociology

Post 3

I dont think i would mind it as much if there was just the exam at the end to worry about the constant essay writing gets a bit monotonous after a while

sociology

Post 4

Yes, I know what you mean. It's too much time spent on a subject like that.

sociology

Post 5

Yes I finished the stupid essay 2108 words of weirdness and I still dont feel any fondness for the subject....

double line spaced in arial 12 that comes to 10 pages with the bibliography 10! smiley - yikes

sociology

Post 6

Well done!smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more