This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

and another thing

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Charlie (baby bear) had his blessing yesterday at church
it took me hours to find a nice white outfit we finally got one from boots

in the church a blessing is i suppose like a naming ceremony but not a baptism we don't baptise children till they are eight and somewhat able to make the choice themselves

it was a nice day, Charlie was too occupied watching everyone and looking at everything so he didn't cry or get upset during sacrament meeting, I had to take him out at the end because it was so interesting he couldn't possibly take a nap smiley - laugh

the nap lasted all of 20 minutes... smiley - erm
and then we went to Sunday school together where there were more interesting things and he didn't sleep again till dinner time where he was then so tiered he slept all evening (not including feeding time of course) and most of the night

we have been going to baby massage classes which are a little hit and miss depending on how co-operative Charlie is feeling that day, on the first week he didnt want to take part at all and decided food was much more important. second week I had learnt my lesson and fed him right before it was due to start and thus we had a much more enjoyable morning with a very slippery baby smiley - laugh

he has taken to babbling quite a lot when he is happy or when mummy is eating... smiley - erm and as he is still too young to try any this does sometimes end in screaming fury when said food is finished.
I don't foresee us being able to go six months before the start of weaning and although that may be objectionable for some, I may as well point out he is also bottle fed formula milk, why? because it works he is happy and it's no-ones business but mine smiley - smiley

smiley - monster enjoys school. I say enjoys.... he is very reluctant (screaming ball of fury) to go to school but once he is there he is happy bright chatty friendly and well.... Happy... smiley - erm it's a puzzle. I could understand perhaps if he didn't enjoy school it seems he just dosn't want to leave home in the morning. on the way home from school he can't wait to tell us about everything he has done and about all his friends and even about what he had for lunch smiley - porkpie

he has been collecting reward stickers to get Octonauts toys at 50p per sticker till he earns the toy smiley - erm he now has most of the collection. what he gets stickers for varies by what we need him to do. it started with remembering to go to the toilet at preschool and getting undressed in the morning. now he gets stickers for getting ready for school by himself, going to school without a fuss, going toilet upstairs instead of using the potty (potty now lives upstairs too)and general good behaviour over the day smiley - erm
so he has earned some of the rewards rather quickly but seeing his pride and excitement when he has earned his new toy is quite something to behold. once we are over the boundary of leaving the house in the morning I shall change the objective to helping out around the house, which he actually enjoys so it's not really a chore right? smiley - erm well I suppose no amount of enjoyment actually stops vacuuming from being a chore smiley - winkeye

Joe has technically gotten onto a course for post compulsory teaching if he can organise a placement. he has till the end of the week to do so smiley - erm the college didn't tell him this till friday smiley - cross they shall not be on santa's list of good people! thankfully we think he might have something sorted and we just need to finalise the details so I want everyone to keep there fingers crossed!

Roast chicken for dinner tonight I think, with potaotes and whatever veg i find in the fridge. perhaps scones after....

smiley - doctor Anthea

and another thing

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - goodluck I hope Joe finds something fast.

Did you read Vip's Entry (in PR) about weaning?

and another thing

Post 3

no I havent smiley - smiley
I'll go look for it

and another thing

Post 4

Peanut

blimey smiley - doctor Anthea,

what a happy journal entry to read,

a baby, a birthday, a blessing, new school, reward toys earned and a college offer
things seem to be going in the right direction for you all

Well done to you all smiley - hug and smiley - bubbly

and another thing

Post 5

I split it in two because i was worried one would be too long smiley - laugh

I found VIPs entry on weaning very interesting i think

and another thing

Post 6

Peanut

it was the title of this one that made me smiley - laugh
I thought it was going to be a PS I forgot to mention post...

I enjoyed them both, it was lovely to read all your news smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more