This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Sleeeeeepy

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - yawn
wow you forget how tiring it is having a young baby when you have an older child.
Baby Charles (baby bear) is doing well, he is able to stay awake for several hours a day and he sleeps and eats well. we've been discharged from the midwife (that seemed to take a lot longer last time, she only seemed to visit three or four times in total)
baby bear is wearing scratch mittens at the moment. Why do babies have such sharp nails? why do they always go for there own face? *sigh*

http://joseph.redfoxpottery.com/

Joe's blog has a photo of the baby for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I am recovering well. it seems like much longer than three weeks has gone past, still another three to go before our six week check when hopefully I will be told it's ok to get back to Ninjitsu. I really have missed the physical activity and the social aspect of going out like that.

Joe's little brother should be coming to training with me, which is good because it means I won't have to worry about walking home by myself at night (it finishes around 10.30 or something like that)
and despite being the dangerous person in the dark I don't really want to try out my self defence skills in a real life situation smiley - laugh

smiley - monster is getting used to being a big brother although I don't think he will be offering to babysit any time soon. smiley - winkeye
He is getting ready to go to primary school after the summer, I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. it was only yesterday that he was the same size as his brother! smiley - senior

in other news; Stupid smiley - cat has fleas again (despite regular doses of frontline combo) and is relegated to living in the garden at least until he and the house are free of the jumping blight smiley - grr he's not happy with us. smiley - cat might be going to live with grandma in the future where there are fewer neighbouring cats to pass the blight to him. some of the neighbour cats have them so badly they can be seen on the cats from the window when they sit in the garden smiley - yuk but i refuse to spend that sort of money on someone else's pet even if i could afford it which i can't. smiley - cross on the bright side, it looks like we've almost gotten rid of the ones in the house after several home flea "treatments" I'm not sure if they are affective we've tried different sprays and flea bombs etc (not funny when you have a small baby) but the best thing seems to be constant hoovering (perhaps the sprays are more effective at stopping them from multiplying)

I think i might do some more baking, my fudge cake recipe appeared in the edited guide as an update on the brownie recipe A742682
I am tempted to write a guide for scones or something too... any ideas welcomed

smiley - doctor Anthea

Sleeeeeepy

Post 2

Peanut

primary school eh, wait til they go to college, you still don't where it went smiley - laugh

glad you are recovering well and can get back to being an active Ninja Mum soon smiley - bigeyes

Hiccup didn't have fingernails when she was born, or nipples, but did have a couple of teeth, I'm sure she would be delighted that I have shared that info with you, but I do remember when her fingernails did grow they were mighty sharp

Sleeeeeepy

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

He's a crackersmiley - smileyand I love that "little" tuft of orange hairsmiley - winkeye

Sleeeeeepy

Post 4

You can call me TC

>>Joe's blog<< - did you do that on purpose? smiley - smiley

Babies are beautiful - yours is, too. Well done you.

However, it seems a strange juxtaposition to show a picture of him sleeping and being quiet and underneath, complaining that he's keeping you awake!

When will you be able to cut his nails? I don't remember ever having this problem, so I don't know how to treat it. I remember hearing about those mittens - in fact most baby clothes seemed to have fold-over cuffs so that you could cover their nails if necessary.

Are you having hot weather like us? Surely he gets hot with mittens and all....?

Sleeeeeepy

Post 5

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

it's not too hot...
actually most days it's a little drizzly

smiley - laugh he sleeps very peacefully but when he's hungry he wants the whole world to know about it (or thats how it seems at four in the morning) and of course my own inability to sleep soundly with all the snuffly noises babies make

I got some tiny baby nail clippers but I've put them down somewhere.... and well I'm sure everyone knows the end of that... smiley - rofl
there are some scissors too but I worry about my ability to safely cut his tiny fingernails with them (somehow the clippers seemed safer) but I will have to try because they really are dangerous smiley - yikes

the picture is from the day he was born, I can't believe how quickly they seem to grow at this age, he already seems to be looking round and studying whatever he can focus on

I've got some of the outfits with fold over cuffs but they tend to be a bit tighter round the wrist and so harder to get over his hands to put them on in the first place.... or maybe that's just the ones I've managed to pick up

I didn't even notice the joe's blog thing smiley - blush

Sleeeeeepy

Post 6

You can call me TC

>>I didn't even notice the joe's blog thing<< - Well, you have got your mind on more important things!

Hope you're getting a bit of sleep this weekend.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more