This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Bump

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Well I've finally had to get out the few bits of maternity clothes I had from smiley - monster
a pair of trousers and a couple of tops,
I bought a new pair of jeggings.... well I say i bought them, my mother in law bought them without any idea of if i would actually like them,
if there is any group of women that shouldn't have tight fitted trousers it's probably pregnant women

we've tidied most of the living room and gotten some more storage for under the stairs, what we need is

1) lockable filing cabinet (the old metal drawers you used to see everywhere) for art supplies - not something you want little hands getting hold of

2) set of narrow tall drawers - to put baby clothes in for living-room storage (because you don't want to have to run up stairs three times a day for another vest)

3) A changing table - because no-one wants back problems

4) A bed - we have still a cotbed that monster is using but which we plan on making back into a cot for umbrella if we can find all the bits (we're fairly sure where they are)
this means a new big boy bed for smiley - monster and we've seen a few we like the look of in ikea, including an adjustable section so you can tilt the head of the bed up a bit, very useful if he gets another cough

5) assorted baby paraphernalia including new bottles, dummies, nappies, bath, towels, clothes (we do still have a lot of clothing from smiley - monster) but there are some bits we will need.

we have thankfully got a small gliding crib, a pram (was smiley - monsters) a car seat, blankets, muslin cloths, a steriliser, crawl/play mat, toys

*gasp*

and baby is due on the 8th of July...
providing he doesn't make an early entrance
or a late one like his brother did

people keep telling me that second babies are generally bigger than the first,
smiley - monster was 9lbs 14Oz
or 4.580kg and according to his baby book had a head circumference of 31.7cm...

smiley - erm I'm not sure bigger is a good thing

smiley - doctor Anthea

Bump

Post 2

Thorn

Congratulations.

Bump

Post 3

smiley - hug thanks Thorn

Bump

Post 4

Peanut

smiley - wow

that is some shopping list but how exciting smiley - boing

Bump

Post 5

yes it is quite the shopping list,
but it's surprising how quickly time can pass when you need more of it
smiley - laugh

Bump

Post 6

Peanut

Is Umbrella a he then Dr A?

The name seems to have stuck, in my mind it is smiley - monster and Umbrella now.

Spiller is back today, not sure when though or how mushed his time zones will be, I think though he had plans for sleeping of a smiley - hangover on the flight home smiley - rolleyes

Bump

Post 7

umbrella is indeed a he
I have photographic proof smiley - ermsmiley - laugh

well hopefully he'll have finished sleeping off his smiley - hangover and be bright and chirpy when he gets back

Bump

Post 8

Peanut

you will have to update your page then, oh yes and a son, and another on the way smiley - winkeye

Bump

Post 9

smiley - laugh
I've been thinking about updating my space
but I'd like on the way to have arrived...
or be very much on the way, this half way stage is tricky though, you dont want to prepair too soon but there is so much to do it'll drive you crazy if you leave it to the end

Bump

Post 10

Peanut

I know what you mean about having on the way arrived,

nothing wrong wth preparing though, says she, who had a pram and enough supplies of stuff for a week, although I blame Hiccup for being so early smiley - whistle

you on the other hand don't have teeny weeny to worry about, smiley - monster birth weight made me wince, bless him but ouch smiley - brave

Bump

Post 11

i have clothes foe teeny just in-case but i wont be surprised if we don't use them

Bump

Post 12

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

teeny! smiley - winkeyeone was and the next willsmiley - biggrinboth be born taller than mesmiley - hug

Bump

Post 13

Thorn

Hey you're welcome.

Bump

Post 14

smiley - hugs for all

Bump

Post 15

Thorn

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post