Post 1

Algeroth

Entry: Benetnash - a star of Ursa Major - A827840
Author: Algeroth - U202715

So, this is my first guide entry - enjoy! smiley - winkeye

A827840 - Benetnash - a star of Ursa Major

Post 2

Cefpret

Welcome to Peer Review! I think we'll get this one in the Edited Guide, but before that, a couple of suggestions/questions:

1. Please change the title to "Benetnash (or Alkaid) - the Star" because this fits better in h2g2's scheme for things like this.

2. I use Alkaid (the name I prefer) to find Arcturus (A757352, in Bootes). Maybe you could add some hints how to find Benetnash (left--right things are a bit disadvantageous for that) in the sky and what else you can find *using* Benetnash.

3. Add a link to the HR diagram at A645086.

4. You say, 'This short text here is about one of it´s stars, the one called Benetnash (also known as Alkaid or Eta Ursae Majoris)' -- I'd leave the 'This short text here is about' out and re-formulate the phrase.

5. Benetnash is much hotter then 9100 K (namely 20000K), and its radius should be 8 times the sun. You've got your info from http://einstein.stcloudstate.edu/Dome/constellns/alkaid.html probably, but they are writing rubbish there. As on many other sites, too.

6. Google a little bit for Alkaid. You will surely find a lot.

Post 3

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I'm no expert astronomer, but is it correct to say that "Probably everybody has seen the very famous Ursa Major"? I know it's visible to everyone in the Northern Hemisphere, but what about those in the south?

Post 4

Cefpret

Yes, you're right. This must be changed, too.

Post 5

Stuart

Hi Algeroth,

You might also like to mention the Ursa Major is is the Latin name for The Great Bear. It is also known in the US as The Big Dipper or in the UK as The Plough. The two latter names would be more familiar to non-astronimical types.

Regards

Stuart

Post 6

Stuart

Hi Algeroth,

You might also like to mention the Ursa Major is is the Latin name for The Great Bear. It is also known in the US as The Big Dipper or in the UK as The Plough. The two latter names would be more familiar to non-astronimical types.

Regards

Stuart

Post 7

Tango

I think with the few changes suggested this will be a great article. But i'm a little confused, the article doesn't say it is in PR, and still has the submit for review link. What's going on?

Post 8

alji's

Would
Right ascension: 13h 47.540m
Declination: 49° 18.800'
be too precise?

Alji smiley - zensmiley - wizard(Member of The Guild of Wizards @ U197895)smiley - surfer

Post 9

Cefpret

Equinox? Yearly movement? smiley - winkeye

Post 10

Algeroth

Yeah, I´ll fix everything as soon as possible! Promise! smiley - winkeye

Greets
Algeroth

Post 11

The GR Manoeuvre --- a posting a day keeps the reaper away

Are you still working on this, Algeroth?smiley - smiley

Caper Plipsmiley - runsmiley - football

Post 12

Cefpret

You ask this as the Grim Reaper?

Post 13

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

No activity from Algeroth for over two months - a move to the Flea Market perhaps?

Post 14

Tango

Sounds good to me, consider it 2nded.

Tango

Key: Complain about this post