This is the Message Centre for WretchedDerelict

Ace Calling...

Post 1

Sol

Hi there! And welcome to h2g2. smiley - disco My name is Solnushka and I am one of the volunteer ACEs, which basically means that I flit around greeting new researchers like yourself, spelling really badly in the process and helping out wherever I can.

Sounds like a nice life smiley - smiley I love water. Do you actually live on a boat, or next to the lake?

Anyway, if you have any questions about this place, please do hit the reply button below and ask away. Go on, you know you want to...

Here are a couple of links in the meantime, but feel free to ignore them if you have already found them. Or just ignore them smiley - winkeye :

Ask h2g2, where you can ask anything except 'What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?' : <./>Askh2g2</.>

The h2g2 newspaper, The Post, which as well as being a hugely entertaining read also has pages of usful links, including one to all sorts of clubs, gangs, societies and cliques you can join here: <./>ThePost</.>

Ace Calling...

Post 2

WretchedDerelict

Hey Ace! Didn't mean to be rude waiting so long to reply and all.
Very busy here. I live on top of a bluff which leads down to the lake. The view is fantastic. Thanks for the welcome. W.D.

Ace Calling...

Post 3

Sol

No worries smiley - smiley Though in about a week, expect to see you on here for at least 12 hours a day...

That does sound like a great location... Gotta get me one of those smiley - biggrin How did you manage to end up there?

Ace Calling...

Post 4

WretchedDerelict

While between jobs about 10 yrs ago, I discovered this area while doing some repo work with my brother-in law. I fell in love with the beauty and privacy/remotness. With my big old house in town paid off 2 yrs ago, a realtor helped me find this particular place. Now the cats share their food with possum, and racoons. There are sometimes deer in the front yard, and in the fall geese by the thousands on the lake. The wife and kids thought I was crazy for wanting to live here, but it's grown on them.

Ace Calling...

Post 5

Sol

No, stop, stop! I can't take any more!!!

smiley - biggrin But seriously, it's cool you went for it, and it didn't just turn into one of those idle dreams...

Anyhoo, how are you getting on with this place?

Ace Calling...

Post 6

WretchedDerelict

I like it here! So far the Human Behaviour category has interested me the most. However, the overall level of intelligence, and particularly the U.K. flavor of the place makes me wish I really had that 12 hours a day to spend here.

Which categories do you recommend ?

Ace Calling...

Post 7

Sol

Ooooh my, don't know really. To be honest, I love the entries, but I spend a fair amount of time hanging out with people in virtual cafe's and the like smiley - laugh Tell me what you're into and I'll find the perfect pub for you!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for WretchedDerelict

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more