A Conversation for On the infinity of the universe...

assuming that the universe is infinite...

Post 1

fablefilou

That is absolutly right for me too.Only one little thing,the whole analysis is based on a supposition...For me,believing in infinity is a bit like believing in "God".I don't know about any paramater that is actually infinite either on earth or in space (unless your imagination maybesmiley - steam and I don't see why the universe ,only, would be of an infinite space...I believe that infinity is just the result of the human imagination...

Post 2

WretchedDerelict

Of course it's also been said " If you put 10,000 monkeys in a big room with 10,000 typewritters, eventually, you'll have a big room full of dead monkeys.". My point is that sometimes what must be considered is 'what is most likely?' Given an infinite amount of matter in an infinite amount of space does not guarantee that an infinite number of things will happen. However, I admire the way you've chosen to tackle such a BIG subject. Such attempt to wrap the human mind around infinity tells me you think in 3D, so far beyond the 2D world of so many of our compatriots. Great post.

Post 3

alji's

Our understanding of the universe -

9-Jul-2002 An analysis of 13.5 thousand million-year-old X-rays, captured by ESA's XMM-Newton satellite, has shown that either the Universe may be older than astronomers had thought or that mysterious, undiscovered 'iron factories' litter the early Universe.

http://sci.esa.int/content/news/index.cfm?aid=1&cid=1&oid=30255

There is much we do not know and the more we find, the more questions we have to answer.

Alji, smiley - zensmiley - wizard of the Red Dragon (Swynwr y Ddraig Goch) (conducting a sun sign poll @ A712595)smiley - surfer(Member of The H2G2 Guild of Wizards @ U197895 looking for wiz kids to join, though you don't have to be a wiz kid just know a bit about some subject that you think will be of interest to others or just bore the pants off them. This is an equal opportunities space open to all sexes, ages and abilities)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more