This is the Message Centre for Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Say goodbye to civil liberties!

Post 1

Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Anyone interested in carrying ANY form of protest in the UK from Monday had better watch out. Read on:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1419842,00.html

You can also find this article at www.monbiot.com

It occurs to me that with these new powers we could be prevented from discussing anything that might bring alarm or distress to two or more people on this public forum.

Oh well, anyone want to discuss crochet?

Sad blessings from the Police State,
Matholwch /|\

Post 2

chaiwallah

Those of us who are concerned about human rights, but who are fortunate enough to live outside of Blairdom, have watched in dismay as the great tradition of British justice and liberty has been steadily eroded. This latest manifestation of unrestricted policing in the most closely electronically "surveillanced" country in the world (more even than China, maybe more even than North Korea) is as depressing as it is alarming.

Commiserations,

C \|/

Post 3

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

I was a bit puzzled, Matholwch, when I read what you had to say, because I had read our local paper yesterday, that said that this legislation wasn't going to pass after all! (The paper was a week old at that...) Then I noticed the date on the Grauniad article - February 22nd. So, what gives?

(I can't find a link but the story, in the NZ Herald of 23rd March 2005, says 'Hatred Bill Dropped', and says the legislation will have to be 'sacrificed for the second time in three years'...

Post 4

R. Daneel Olivaw -- (User 201118) (Member FFFF, ARS, and DOS) ( -O- )

That is scary...I thought it was just lunatics in the US trying to eliminate public protests. I didn't realize the same problem existed in Europe, too. I guess that qualifies me as a stereotypical ignorant American.

Post 5

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

See above, R Daneel - Matholwch has still not clarified the situation...

Post 6

And I shall continue to not clarify the situation until parliament gets its act together following the election. Them's the breaks I am afraid.

Blessings,
Matholwch /|\

Post 7

Ragged Dragon

So how far did it get through Parliament before the election and can it be resurrected?

Jez

Post 8

Hi Jez smiley - biggrin

At the moment I understand it's at the top of Charles Clark's to do list. This is mostly because there are so many other things bundled up with it in the same Bill, including the Serious and Organised Craime Agency.

Should make it much easier for English Heretics and other christian-dominated organisations to ban druid and heathen gatherings at Stonehenge, Avebury etc. Especially as we are not yet recognised by the Home Office as a religion and as such do not fall under the religious deiscrimination legislation.

Interesting times ahead...indeed...yes...young skywalker. The dark side of the force clouds much it does...hmmm...could Chancellor Brown be a Sith Lord perhaps...this we must consider...hmmm.

Blessings,
Matholwch /|\

Looking forward to the 19th May and watching the Old Republic get dismantled by my hero Darth Vader.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more