A Conversation for Feet

Shoes

Post 1

Bluebottle

Feet are, of course, very important, but shoes have been somewhat neglected - is this because they are the somethings or whatchamacallits of which the bird will not speak?
Also, is there any point to wearing high-heels when apparently they are uncomfortable on toes, and they make embarrasing "clunk-clunk" sounds when walking? Do they make feet look more attractive?

I have flat feet - does that make a difference?

Shoes

Post 2

American Maid

Shoes are good- but shoes should be accompanied by socks, something that seems to be neglected by by many people. and I would have to agree that high heeled shoes are bad(evil more like)- I can't walk in them at all- I have been told that this is a matter of practise but I don't think I want to try and practise abusing not only my feet but my spine as well.

Shoes

Post 3

Bluebottle

I agree, although I sometimes wonder why people don't wear socks with high-heels, and why do people paint their toe-nails? Does anyone look to compare toe-nail colours?
This is all very confusing to me, and I have never owned more than one pair of trainers and perhaps a pair of "smart" shoes in my life, but I only wear the trainers. Why do people keep buying new shoes, can owning as many as 12 pairs make you happier than owning one, when you can only wear a pair at a time?

Shoes

Post 4

Researcher 43776

Ah Blubottle - beware as you will now be targetted by the great shoe corporations of the world as you seem to be leading the campaign to avoid the shoe event horizon

Shoes

Post 5

Bluebottle

Didn't you know? The shoe-shop intensifier ray on the moon is a phony!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more