This is the Message Centre for darakat - Now with pockets!

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 1

darakat - Now with pockets!

Pablo: (singing - Aria)
Oh mother of all harpies you daemon spawn of satin
You greater god of all storm I put this curse upon you
I have no love for the sea of the hate
I have no fear of the waves you create
I have no love of the likes of the rum
I am no bottle man I just wanna have fun!

You accursed beast of light and shadow
I have no fear in your wave or marrow
In spite and death I will cuss you again
and make you wish that your ears were dead

I close my mind to the thing ahead
that wave does not exist
its a thing in my mind and I can get past it
confident I am and this is my fear
that if you are the storm god
and you are near
that you hear this cuss and take it wrong
that I do no believe in your storm

Oh mother of all harpies you daemon spawn of satin
You greater god of all storm I put this curse upon you
I have no love for the sea of the hate
I have no fear of the waves you create
I have no love of the likes of the rum
I am no bottle man I just wanna have fun!

Port or starboard
wind nor rain
nor owls or showers of pain
harpies of dragons
or sardines in a can
I have not yet found a challenge that with faith I can beat

I have the confidence that we shall now meet!

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 2

Tacysa

smiley - biggrin

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 3

I assume that means you like it, I have however a bit of annoyance with the repetition part of the song, I don't think it adds anything

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 4

Tacysa

I think it adds quite a bit. I don't know if you intended it to be sort of...there's a dance I made up once that would go perfect with it...but it does.

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 5

I sort of just write down what comes to mind generally, there is thought in it and sometimes a bit of meditation, but I am not fully aware of the intentions I have when I write the piece. In this case I know I want to write a song about a guy cursing and cussing at a god for doing bad things that have hampered him and explaining how he does not think he needs to answer to this god anymore. And then all I do is write the words that go with it from my mind. My very first song, written in 3rd grade was about my first trip to the gully near my house and how beautiful it was to me, I will never forget the lyrics I wrote to that song so long as I live. It does seem a bit weird that you once made up a dance that would go with this song, all I am currently doing is writing down words and who says the, which is about 30% of a musical, I can't write music or dance and will likely need help with such things if I am ever to get the musical actually seen. I certainly did not know that you made up such a dance (hell I didn't even know you made up dances, though I suspected as such given what you have told me about your past). Thats just ... weird with a capital WE.

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 6

Tacysa

Making up dances is weird? Hmm...considering that I danced for most of my life...er...not really...

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 7

No its weird that this song goes to one of them

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 8

Tacysa

Modern dancing is brilliant fun, and it's very weird. What music you hear to yours is probably a lot different than what I hear, too.

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 9

I don't try and put music to it, other than the general time signature for the musical pieces anyway. Most of the others have my imaginary tunes though. Not all however, I think the better ones did. I have no idea what "modern dancing" is or what "modern" means, all I know is the difference between "interpretive" and "classical" and it sometimes seems to be a very fine line to me, however not having had any sort of dance or singing instruction since primary school and mostly making up what I do dance and sing will probably mean it is not only terribly original but also not compare to anything else conceived by mortal man.

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 10

Tacysa

Well, modern dancing is a bit more abstract than classical. I did modern dancing en pointe, but the company I was with before injury had most dancers barefoot. Modern is basically interpretive with a bid of weird thrown in.

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 11

Oh I like the sound of that, were can i get lessons from...

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 12

Tacysa

Haven't a clue.

Oh mother of all harpies

Post 13

Ok then

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for darakat - Now with pockets!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more