This is the Message Centre for Terran

Good old fashioned auld skule Terran rant

Post 1

Terran

Hello!

I needed a rant, the happy happy thing is in a state of flux, and I feel like I don't know anyone (bar one or two people) on here any more - and of course my natural paranoia is pointing towards the "everyone probably hates you" dial on the paranoia scale. So now is a good time to tap in to that creative streak that seems to come from these periods! lol

So what do I want, feel or need from h2g2 these days? I think I need and require the zaniness that seemed to come naturally with the site. I think its interesting, because there a lot of people I feel have actively and would happily see the back of zanyness on h2g2. For some its just a quiet corner of the web to retreat to - which I can sort of understand, but can't agree to. Because I see it as more.

One thing I must say before I go any further, is I'm chuffed how Firestorm seems to have turned out! Thanks to Rich and 2 legs and co for giving me the opportunity to write it, because if I enjoy one thing on h2g2 it is the fact that it had given me this fantastic chance to write and get people to read it. I love hearing people comment - good or bad to be honest! Though the bad tends to be quieter... I suspect this was mostly during my Legacy of Terry Horowitz story which in hindsight is an incoherent mess... but then it was written over a couple of years during a crazy period in my life!

I sometimes think I'd like to be a writer! But then in my arrogant moments, I think I wouln't like the constant rejection, even if it actually was half-decent, or even miraculously somehow decent. This is much more fun. Actually Rich's idea of the audio book/radio play basis for stories, links to how the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy actually got off the ground. I do wonder if Douglas Adams got any rejection letter for stories? Is rejection the very intethesis of creativity? Or just another step along the road I go? I don't really want the answer I guess, because I'll find it one way or another. For the record though there are far too many people willing to put a good idea down... anyway!

So I think this rant is spent - not quite as impressive as some of my offerings of the past, but for those happy few who peruse my journals, I hope it is sufficient! :p

Take care

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

Call that auld fashioned? You were being nice to people most of the time. You're getting too cool, matey...

Firestorm is one of the best things anyone on h2g2 has ever done.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Terran

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more