This is the Message Centre for Terran

I need a writing challenge

Post 1

Terran

As if I didn't have enough to write with stuff Im doing for the post, I've decided I need something to charge my imagination, and get me to write something.

And basically I need one of you fantastic people to challenge me to write something. Preferably something completely original, and with a fantasy/sci-fi twisr... or at least some fantasy connection.

Maybe a basic plot idea, or it could be just a few words I have to have in it, or has to be based around a certain character (e.g. a frnehc sounding three eyed...erm couch. Or a mysterious man in a green suit...).

I will then write said piece of work... and then maybe submit it somewhere like the post... or alternatively just stick it in this journal...

Anyway, I need a challenge for my creative juices... so anyone kind enough to come up with something I could write about then I'd love to hear about it smiley - biggrin

Cheers smiley - earth

Post 2

kipperonthefloor - Make sense? What fun is there in Making sense?

ever herd of Fenric?

Post 3

Terran

Also... that should be French sounding... I have no idea what a frnehc sounding person would sound! Oh and it doesn't just have to be one person.... if theres a collectino of good ideas I might just try and combine them all!

Post 4

on the planet la pavarex

Post 5

Terran

"ever herd of Fenric?"

As in Doctor Who Fenric?

Post 6

yes i thought you could do a story about travellers going into the shadow demension

Post 7

Terran

"on the planet la pavarex"

Don't know that planet... is that from something?

Post 8

nah made it up

Post 9

Terran

"yes i thought you could do a story about travellers going into the shadow demension"

Ooooh that's a good idea... smiley - bigeyes now I just need some characters... so Fenric is one... he could be the enemy... I should probably leave the Doctor out of it...

Post 10

Terran

"nah made it up"

Even better, I like it : Planet la pavarex... which could be the gateway to the Shadow Realm... or maybe it IS the Shadow realm... no I think maybe its better for the Shadow Realm to be something outside time and space... it's coming together :D

Post 11

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Try writing something from every genre, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Suspense, Supernatural and Sci Fi. I did it and it's a real challenge and a real thrill when you finally get to grips with something you thought you'd never write. When I first started out I only wrote supernatural and sci fi but I can tackle most things now including adult

Post 12

Terran

"Try writing something from every genre, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Suspense, Supernatural and Sci Fi. I did it and it's a real challenge and a real thrill when you finally get to grips with something you thought you'd never write. When I first started out I only wrote supernatural and sci fi but I can tackle most things now including adult "

Hmm, that's an idea... but I think I'll just stick to two genres... but you have given me an idea... maybe I could have this sci-fi story mixed with crime/thriller... hmm...

Post 13

Terran

And I've got my main characters! Detective Inspector Kipper and Private Investigator Reef smiley - biggrin

Post 14

smiley - laugh

Post 15

Terran

Right I think I've got enough there now! Thanks smiley - biggrin I may mess around with the names, in case I need to do anything nasty to the characters... and I don't want you guys coming back upset at what I did to them... smiley - biggrin

Post 16

hey i don't mind

Post 17

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

"And I've got my main characters! Detective Inspector Kipper and Private Investigator Reef"

Oooh Oooh can I be like VI Washawski

Post 18

Terran

"Oooh Oooh can I be like VI Washawski"

I can certainly try, but I don't know very much about the character!

Post 19

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

She's a tough talking Chicago born PI in a series of books by Sara Paretsky. Played by Kathleen Turner and Sharon Gless in 3 radio drama's

Post 20

Skankyrich [?]

As the first to actually do this 'solo', how about scripting a story for AVing? Take something that's already been published, arrange the dialogue, note where you want sound effects and stuff. If you want a real challenge, that's the next level.

Key: Complain about this post