This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Easy fudge

Post 21

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

He will drink anything you know, and in copious quantities - I've seen it smiley - cdouble

I used to drink cider and brown ale mixed. Don't think I could do that now.

Easy fudge

Post 22

Hypatia

I'll stick with G&T. I like the taste, and it agrees with me better than any other drink. I'm often thought of experimenting with a frozen G&T. I wonder if it would work.

Easy fudge

Post 23

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I've been known to have a pint or two of cider, but I can't drink it like I can beer, vodka, gin, rum, brandy, teikquila or... most other drinks (I.E., not a vast amoutn of cider)...

I like it dry... really dry, but even then its a bit overly acidic for my delicate tummy, which is why I think I've moved gradually more onto the darker and darker beers, stouts, milds and porters smiley - droolsmiley - blushsmiley - alesmiley - stout
I did, however, used to drink copious amounts of cider, when i was younger... err... a lot younger. wel, about four or so years younger than the legal drinking limit possibly smiley - whistlesmiley - angel
We used to buy cases of it, from the offy, you could get twelve 2 litre bottles of 'blacksmiths cider' (generic cheap localish made rubbish), and we'd drink about half of it, then ggo to the pub, then go to the nightclub, then come back and drink the second half of the box, and if we were lucky, and flush, we'd have bought vodka earlier which we'd use to mix with the cider smiley - blush

Now days I'm practically a teatotler.... hence why after only two bottles of rum, and BoB-knows how many cans of guinness, plus the beer in the pub, in the afternoon, I somehow, managed to fall over and concuss myself smiley - snorksmiley - blushsmiley - ale

Cider and black I vaguely recall from my youth too... smiley - weird

Easy fudge

Post 24

Hypatia

That is being teetotal? smiley - rofl A fifth of that would render me unconscious.

Easy fudge

Post 25

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Cider and black... I'd forgotten all about that smiley - ill

Easy fudge

Post 26

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

It's nice if you do Koppaberg cider with Blackcurrant Lucozade. Only if you have a sweet tooth though, and don't want sleep.

mmmm, cider, how i miss it. oh well another few months and maybe the mouseling will take a bottle of expressed milk or formula, and i can have a little tipple.

minismiley - mouse

Easy fudge

Post 27

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laughsmiley - blush Well, because* I am practically teatotal; that big* session, with the rum and guinness and beer, was just too much for my system... whereas years ago, when I drank more, yes I'd have felt bad the next day, hungover etc., but I'd have been really* unlikely to have fallen over during the drunking and given my concussion smiley - blushsmiley - doh
I only maybe drink one night a week now, and often not even that, haven't been to the pub or drank any booze now, for about two weeks nearly smiley - dohsmiley - weird and I should be nibbling away at bits of booze, or my liver will not know what's hit it when I go back to my Dad's for Christmas smiley - drunksmiley - ale

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hypatia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more