This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Hyps first noohootoo journal

Post 1

Hypatia

Keeping my fingers crossed that the system lets me post this time. I want to like the new version, am trying to be patient, but it is frustrating not to be able to post from it. So, here goes again. Of course if it does not work, then you will not see it so it matters little what I actually say.

One thing I have learned this weekend is to supervise more closely the next time Syn puts the lights on the Christmas tree. Taking them off was a nightmare. How he got them so tangled up took talent. Why, you may ask, am I just now getting the tree down? Well, all of the ornaments are actually pieces of Mexican folk art. I considered just leaving the tree up all year in order to display them. I have other non-Christmas pieces on shelves and tables in the same area, so it sort of makes sense. But it takes up too much room and just looks weird. So down it came.

*takes a deep breath and pushes the save button*

Post 2

Hypatia

Yay!!!!!!!

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Well done! Brave girl. smiley - ok

I'm currently in brunel. I had trouble posting to journals today (why it is journals and not other conversations, I have no idea).

Post 4

Baron Grim

I'm sticking to brunel until they close it. I'll separately tinker with H@G@ to find workarounds for the deceased convo popup and whatever else gets downgraded.

Post 5

Hypatia

I still get 404 error messages when I click on last post. And I am afraid to try to edit anything at this point. I will probably stick with alabaster as long as possible.

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Well done, Hyp! smiley - applause

I've come back to Brunel, so I can use my smileys smiley - ok

lil without smileys looks too grumpy smiley - erm

lil xx

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - applause Good job on the new H2G2, which I haven't been able to do much with yet. And congratulations on overcoming the tree problem.

That is familiar, the 'how in the world did you manage to do that?' moment...smiley - whistle (Elektra is busy in the kitchen. smiley - run)

Post 8

Hypatia

I was blocked again when I tried to reply to lil and have no idea why. smiley - sadface I hit preview and it displayed okay. Then it wouldn't save the message.

What I tried to say was that we don't want lil grumpy. How that is using a forbidden word escapes me.

The thing is, I don't have a lot of free time right now just to experiment with the new skin. I'm under a lot of stress at work and with my mother. This place is supposed to be my escape valve, not an additional source of stress. smiley - sigh

Post 9

Awww... Bless you Hyp smiley - cuddle

Barlesque is currently having problems recognising the <> arrows, and has frequently caused the filther to jump in smiley - rolleyes

I agree, I also use this place as my escape valve, so I shall probably float between the two systems until I can safely help my newbies find their way smiley - smiley

lil xx

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

The old system is still in place, so best use it, Hyp.

Post 11

Hypatia

Yes. That is the best solution. Just stay in alabaster until they shut it off. Let the rest of you do the tinkering.

Post 12

I haven't broken it, yet smiley - whistle

My next stop will be suffix thingy... and see if I can get my ~wings~ back smiley - biggrin

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

You'll have to change your tag in the settings first, or else it's going to read something like:

lil ACE-Scout - Auntie Giggles with added wings ~lil ~ ace~scout etc

Post 14

I sort of worked that out *after* I added the wings to my tag... but then my server/router kept dropping out, and I never got around to changing it smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post