This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Wonderful Observation

Post 1

Hypatia

I just got this in an e-mail from a girlfriend.

"Last night on the PBS NewsHour, syndicated columnist Mark Shields quoted his friend Allen Ginsbberg, a Maine historian, as saying that it should be observed that a white, Catholic Republican Federal judge was murdered on his way to greet his friend, a Democratic, Jewish Congresswoman, and that her life was initially saved by a Mexican-American college student and then eventually saved by a Korean-American combat surgeon and that all of this was eulogized and explained by an African-American President. That indeed is a remarkable statement about our country."

Wonderful Observation

Post 2

Witty Moniker

smiley - ok

Wonderful Observation

Post 3

Baron Grim

Yea,that hit huge on Reddit yesterday. Very popular.

Wonderful Observation

Post 4

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Probably not so popular with the Republican base though.

Wonderful Observation

Post 5

Spaceechik, Typomancer

We've come a long way, albeit there might a few steps back the next election...as long as we keep moving forward -- three steps forward, two steps back. I don't want the "good old days" back, thank you very much!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hypatia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more