This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Act Three

Post 101

Santragenius V

I can send you one smiley - tongueout Only, I won't arrive until Friday...

Act Three

Post 102

coelacanth

Hyp (and T) are you only going to be at the afternoon meet/walk on the 9th? Or will you be around for some of the early evening in the pub?

I won't be able to join the Presidential Birthday itself on the 6th,(despite being the one that came up with the idea!) but I do have a little something for you which I'd like to give in person on the 9th. However I tend not to go to the afternoon meets.
smiley - bluefish

Act Three

Post 103

AlsoRan80

Saturday 16th May 2009 9.15

Very dear Hypatia,

Yesterday my carer took me to the most perfect garcden the like of which I have NEVER seen in England.

I am heartbroken that I did not know about it when you were here.
I have written about it and called it "The Secret Garden....." It is very difficult to describe, I shall try and see if I can find some postcards, or maybe even see if I can take a photograph. Except that with my photographic skills I would never do it justice.
It is misty over the channel but it looks as if it is going to cheer up.

Have you recovered yet? How time is flying!! What a precious gift Time is. !!

I remember having to write an dissertation on Time when I was at Varsity. there is one idiomatic expression which really completely knocks me sideways. I refused to use it in my dissertation. !!

My little garden on my balcony is looking really super. The out-of-work-builder -now one of my carers - is a fundi at gardening and I have great fun planning my "beds" so that everything will hopefully be a "Blaze" of colour when my baby brother is here.

A point I forgot to make in my entry is that the colour sceme of the flower beds is tall yellow "spiky tulips, with the most velvety brown wallflowers along the paths. it really was stunning.....Oh dear! I wish I had a smiley - magic carpet to fly you back so that you could see it. !

81 next Saturday. I do not feel it, but would never have managed any of the wonderful things you did in London. So thank you again for making the effort to come and visit me. Except that I am so sad not to have known about the garden. Apparently there are others here and there was I racking my brain about Sissinghurst (which you reminded me of!!)etc. Queen Victoria knew what she was about that is for sure. !! I am so fortunate in having come across this idyllic seaside town literally only because I wanted to live by the sea so that I could breathe. !!

I have always said that it must be the best kept secret of England - the beauty of this coastal town - and I discovered it totally by mistake. !!!!

Go well,

With much affection

Christiane
AlsoRan80/81

Act Three

Post 104

Researcher 198131

Happy Birthday, Christiane!! smiley - gift

smiley - elf

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hypatia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more