A Conversation for Music Festivals: A Survival Guide

Peer Review: A808094 - Music Festivals: A Survival Guide

Post 1

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

Entry: Music Festivals: A Survival Guide - A808094
Author: Nylarthotep - U200240

Four days among the unwashed masses...but it's worth it to say you were there.

A808094 - Music Festivals: A Survival Guide

Post 2

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Hi Nylarthotep
You've got a good article under construction there, some links will help heres one u shud check out - A480304 about glasters!
Good luck with the entry!

Z.

Post 3

Lucrecia (Knight of an Unusual Amount of Healing Items, Movie Buff Extraordinaire - A809958)

Hey! Great advice! One question though... You might want to add a footnote explaining what a "wrap-mac" is. I'm guessing some sort of raincoat, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's a case of the American not knowing the proper slang, but still it warrents a tad bit of explanation!

I really liked this though! Very interesting read!

-Lucrecia smiley - fullmoon

Post 4

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

I'll add that. A "wrap-mac" is pretty much a hooded smock made out of polystyrene that costs about a quid and keeps the rain off. I was at the V2001 festival last year and they cost £1.50 when the sun was out. Then it started to rain (and didn't stop) and suddenly they were £5 a piece. I'm still trying to get to grips with guideml at the moment, scary computer languages...I have enough problems with my crayons snapping on me.

Post 5

Lucrecia (Knight of an Unusual Amount of Healing Items, Movie Buff Extraordinaire - A809958)

Guide ML - Footnotes

Well, you'll have your text here and thenThis is what the footnote will say continue with your sentence.

-Lucrecia

Post 6

Your bit on rainmacs reminds of the couple of very wet glastonburys when wellys were costing from £15 upwards and the traders weren't even getting back to there stalls from buying them before they were snapped up by soggy punters.
Good luck with guideML it is quite a friendly language compared with others and doesn't take long to get yr head round!

Z.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 8

Uncle Heavy [sic]

A795198

ahem

i wrote mine first!

smiley - wah

Post 9

Sweet!

Post 10

Hey congratulations on getting recommended!
Is it really yr first 1? well deserved!

Uncle Heavy has also got a good festival entry so maybe a cooperative combination is in order between these two!

smiley - bigeyes
Z

Post 11

That would be just icebox as his entry is very good...but this is not my first recommendation, though I am glad it was picked as it contains my accumulated festival experience which includes escaping the riots at this year's Leeds Carling Weekend...

Post 12

Uncle Heavy [sic]

whose editing it? we could just get them to put it down as a collaboration...

Post 13

Master B, last time that I checked.

Post 14

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i will post a link on his page to my entry and he can use his discretion, if thats ok by you?

Post 15

Fine by me mate.

Post 16

Uncle Heavy [sic]

done

Post 17

Mu Beta

"he can use his discretion"

You picked the wrong Sub-ed there smiley - biggrin

I'm not sure I've got any.

B

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more