This is the Message Centre for Reese_Archer

Circumspection

Post 1

Reese_Archer

I have just sent off an e-mail to a program called [email protected], regarding the lack of circumspection exhibited by one of their News-readers. In discussing a Bikini competition, over a backdrop video of scantily fleshed and dressed ladies, he commented that there was even a 70 year old competitor. He went on to say..."We don't want to see that one", or words to that effect. What can we, John Q. Public, do about such lack of manners?

My wife of fifty years, happens to have retained most of her charms and would look great in a Bikini, and, despite fighting off the ravages of Glaucoma and Diabetes, still looks and acts extremely youthful.

Duels are not in fashion these days so, with what recourse is one left? A letter to the 'Times' isn't acceptable either. Thank goodness for our only salvation: h2g2.

Circumspection

Post 2

Bluebottle

I agree that that was terrible - blatant agism, the sort of thing that just isn't neccesary. No-one really has the right to decide what people do and don't want to see. One thing I don't like is the idea promoted in magazines that there is only one type of "Beauty" model, and that everyone has to look like that. It is plain rediculous.

The world is mad, I'm sure of it. smiley - earth

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Reese_Archer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more