This is the Message Centre for Loup Dargent

Seasons greetings 'a la loup.dargent'...

Post 21

owlatronas

ill have to pass my e-mail addy on to you

Post 22

Reality Manipulator

smiley - cheersThanks loup for the information.smiley - hug

smiley - hugStill having problems staying on-line, now and again I keep on getting on to Front Row previews.smiley - hug

smiley - cheersThanks loup the start of the New Year was good. I hope yours was too.smiley - hug

One of my New Years resultion is ts to read 'The Hobbit'.smiley - smiley

smiley - hugTake care loupsmiley - hug

Kat

Post 23

Loup Dargent

Doh!!!!......smiley - steam

I tried to post a lengthy reply yesterday [doing my best to post on a more regular basis than during he end of last year] and found myself sent to the Front Page losing in the process my posting..smiley - yikes

Andy...smiley - cheers saw it in the other thread as well as the link...smiley - ta i will pop in the other thread tomorrow and elaborate on why i needed this kind of info... Thanks very much...smiley - cracker

Kat... Yep... The start of 2004 is not too bad either for me... One week off next week is a smiley - cool way to start the New Year...smiley - disco Though i might sleep through the first days...smiley - biggrin Actually i'm starting to go get used to that night work... I'm no so tired and lifeless as i was at the end of last year as well... So who knows, 2004 might be a good year after all...smiley - cool And of course, next week i should be back on the Net... TW agreed to restore full service even if the bill is not 100% paid...smiley - disco I was going to pay the full blast but not having to afterall will help getting some needed stuff for the kids this month instead of having to wait next month...smiley - star

So yep... not too bad a start this 2004...smiley - bubbly

The Hobbit...smiley - yikes I remember having read Tolkien's books years ago and what i remember the most is the fact that it was very very very lengthy...smiley - biggrin Ok... it was the French version [we do tend to add lots of words into sentences which don't really need them] but still...smiley - whistle

One thing i wouldn't mind to see is the animated version of "The Lord of The Rings"... I think it has been re-released on video [and of course released on DVD]... It was shown in the cinemas decades ago but it might still be worth watching..smiley - biggrin

Talk soon everyone...smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 24

Reality Manipulator

smiley - hugHi loupsmiley - hug

loup I hope that you are less tired today.smiley - hug I find that due to the fact that it gets dark very earlier it makes me feel very tired.smiley - hug Hopefully once February starts and the days are getting lighter that you will feel better. I have been told that there is an expression that in January the days get lighter by a crows flight.smiley - hug

I hope that you will get your very needed rest next week.smiley - hug

When I was at school in Ashington, Northumberland, I was read the Hobbit by our teacher. There where some woods nearyby which we would go to on school trips which I imagined that the Hobbits lived.smiley - smiley

smiley - hugTake care loupsmiley - hug

Kat

Post 25

owlatronas

not a problem loup hope it helped

andysmiley - bat

Post 26

Loup Dargent

smiley - cool I've just logged in so i can reply straight away... makes a change from my usual 20/24/48 hours delay in replying...smiley - cracker

Andy... yep... it will be useful...smiley - cheers I can't use the info just now unfortunately but i will definitely make use of it as soon as i'm back on the Web...smiley - disco

I haven't had a chance to go to the other thread and elaborate on why i needed this kind of info for my Buffy page... smiley - sorry about that...

I might explain in this one though as i might need more of this kind of infos...

The idea is to make the Buffy page a bit different from the many Buffy related pages which can be accessed on the www... so something about other TV series having an "a la Buffy" scene/episode/etc might help..

I remembered the Sabrina one [though not the title] but i have the feeling that other TV series might have done it as well... I would not be surprised if the Simpsons had an episode with a Buffy look-a-like [or inspired by Buffy] in it as well [if not perhaps they should...smiley - whistle]... after all they did something with Mulder and Scully...smiley - biggrin

So guys [and ladies]... any other TV series having a "Buffy inspired" episode somewhere?!...smiley - grovel

Can't wait to go back on the PC...smiley - steam This keyboard's continue stuttering is doing my head in...smiley - headhurts

Hopefully, next time i'm posting it will be through the PC again...smiley - bubbly
There are stuff i want to try etc but can't until i'm back on the Net... Some ideas i would like to pass through you as well... you know: "stuff"...smiley - biggrin but more about it next time hopefully... TW should restore their full services any day now...smiley - disco and

All the best...smiley - star

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 27

owlatronas

loup it was on series 6 and it was episode 120 and it was just called "really big season opener"

so nothinhg buffy realted in e title smiley - sorry

andysmiley - bat

Post 28

Reality Manipulator

Hi Loupsmiley - smileysmiley - hug

In Doctor Who (I think with Tom Baker) there was an episode called Towers and it was about a King and Queen Vampire with their vampire chancellor that ruled a smiley - planet with an iron grip of fear until the Doctor got rid of them.smiley - cool

Kat

Post 29

Loup Dargent

Andy... Yeah the title is not one of the most original ones [unless that was the idea...smiley - biggrin] but the scene where Sabrina fights the vampire is exactly what i mean by "Buffy inspired"... she even was wearing a cheer leader costume/uniform if i remember well... making that scene a reference to the buffy movie...smiley - disco

So no need to be smiley - sorry... you were spot on... I just didn't explain myself properly...

Obviously i need to work on how i will present these infos... My brain is not working at its best at the moment so until i find a better definition i will keep to "Buffy inspired episodes in TV series" or something around that anyway... Then, eventually, will refine it a bit...smiley - biggrin

So defintly smiley - cheers for the info... it will be put to good use...smiley - cracker

Kat... ... That's perfect for a section about "vampires in TV series"...smiley - cool

Blimey that page gonna be filled with a lot of infos it seems...smiley - ta

Can't wait to be back on the Net and get cracking...smiley - cracker

I've noticed quite a few entries on Buffy and the TV series on h2g2 as well... something to start with too...smiley - bubbly

I have some ideas about how to make the page more interactive/lively... sounds will have to be included [not necessairily straight away] etc... There is a coding which makes the sound/song/music/etc start when the mouse clicks on a link so i'm very interested/keen to use it... but i will come back to that later on... one thing at the time i suppose...smiley - whistle

So many ideas and so no access to the Net yet...smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - silly

Never mind... won't be long now...smiley - smiley

smiley - ok... talk soon everyone...smiley - surfer

And all the best...smiley - disco

smiley - cracker

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 30

Loup Dargent

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblyGot my web access back at last!!!!smiley - disco

Anyone for a bite?!
http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=loupdargent
smiley - winkeye

smiley - spacesmiley - run

smiley - cracker

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 31

owlatronas

great game loup

andysmiley - bat

Post 32

Loup Dargent

Yep..smiley - disco and it's free...smiley - cracker

Though the amount of action points a day is rather limited but it might be a blessing in disguise as if not we might spend all day/night on that site...smiley - yikes I'm now at the "local legend" rank...smiley - cool but i still need to make a note of where the banks etc are... I will one of these days...smiley - whistle

There is a group of h2g2 researchers who play the game as well... i think one of the ideas was to have a virtual meet in the smiley - vampirecity one of these days...smiley - cool Might be worth a thought...smiley - star

Visited the Buffy page earlier on... it's still there...smiley - cracker so very soon i should start updating it with the infos Kat and yourself have provided me plus some sounds hopefully... i seem to have this obsession about sounds on that page somehow...smiley - weird

Talk soon everyone....smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 33

Loup Dargent

smiley - vampireupdate:

"You have drunk 696 pints of blood.
Powers: None
Money: 670 coins
You are sire to one other vampire: owlatron"

smiley - cool

smiley - cracker

loup[virtualsmiley - vampire]smiley - fullmoon

Post 34

Reality Manipulator

smiley - cheersThanks for the very kind compliments loup.smiley - smiley

Here is another but I do not know if it fits the criteria:

The Talons of Weng-Chang (Doctor Who story - Tom Baker) were women were taken of the street and all their energy/life force was sucked out of them from an alien and there bodies were left totally dehydrated.

Kat

Post 35

Loup Dargent

"Vampire from out of space in TV series" Yep kat... Works for me...smiley - cheers

I haven't added anything yet but should be able to do so soon... So many things to check on the www that i don't know where to begin...smiley - yikes well, i know but i tend to let myself side tracked when i'm browsing the Net...smiley - whistle

Last thing i have been trying to find is a musical link with the X-Files theme for my website's main page even so i haven't started that one yet..smiley - silly One day i will eventually get organised...smiley - whistle

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 36

Loup Dargent

smiley - disco Cracked it at lastsmiley - disco

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/weird2/loup.dargent/XFILES_ST.wav

Had it all along in some stuff downloaded from some Public Domain kind of thing...smiley - blush Uploaded it to the Angelfire site [where the Buffy page is hosted] and that did the trick...smiley - cool

Now i just need to start working on that page as well...smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - silly

loupsmiley - fullmoon

PS: I might start a new journal entry soon[ish] as the title of this one is starting to be a tad outdated...smiley - whistle

Post 37

Reality Manipulator

I do not know why but whenever I see Spike, I automatically think of Victor Meldrew in 'One foot in the Grave', except Spike has a less smiley - weird life than Meldrew.smiley - rofl

Kat

Post 38

Loup Dargent

Spike is a bit of a moaner at times...smiley - biggrin

Not sure if he would agree about having a life less smiley - weird than VM though...smiley - whistle Poor guy had his share of humiliation in some of the Buffy episodes...smiley - yikes

The great thing is that now he will wind up Angel...smiley - evilgrin That's good news [for me anyway]...smiley - disco

====================================================

I'm currently trying to update my H2G2 main page...smiley - headhurts and going through the priceless "joy" of dealing with some unexpected frustrating GuideML errors...smiley - wahsmiley - wah

Managed some of the updating...smiley - bubbly but might have to finish it another day...smiley - whistle

I got my priorities right though...smiley - winkeye I added the links to the Buffy page and the vampires game one _first_...smiley - rofl

smiley - spacesmiley - run

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Loup Dargent

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more