A Conversation for The Ultimate Cocktail List

Manhattan

Post 1

usagi

A whiskey Martini. I use two parts Whiskey to one part Sweet Vermouth. add a little grenadine, a dash of bitters, put into a glass with cracked ice and shake or stir to your taste, strain into a martini glass, and add a cherry.
You can do without the bitters if you want, however if you screw this up (and bartenders do this far to often) you can use the bitters to cover your mistakes.
A friend of mine, who is really into the lounge scene, likes all whiskey only using enough Vermouth to rinse the glass with.

Manhattan

Post 2

Qarre

Important note on the Manhattan:
It cannot be made with simple whiskey. BOURBON is what is required for this incredible libation.
Judging from the reactions of some of my friends when they try this drink, it's not for everyone. But if you're one of the lucky few who enjoys this tasty treat, be warned: they're quite potent!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more