A Conversation for Quick and Easy Fruit Cake

Foolproof Fruit cake

Post 1

Also ran 1

smiley - sorry Tocatto smiley - rose
I forgot to put a subject in. Obviously it is time for me to go to bed. AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Foolproof Fruit cake

Post 2

Toccata

Lack of Subject not a problem smiley - smiley

It is a nice friendly recipe. I last made it on a canal boat, but the lack of space wasn't a problem, as you use the stovetop for most of the mixing etc.

I saw you in an across the room (well, field) sort of way at the meet, but as I hadn't spoken to you on the site before, it didn't seem right to come over. smiley - ermI'm a bit shy like that.

Munchkin & Zantic will attest that I'm much better once I get to know people, in fact the problem is getting me to shut up smiley - laugh

Foolproof Fruit cake

Post 3

Also ran 1

Hi Tocattosmiley - rose
How on earth did you cook that on the canal boat? I hope that you are going to join Munchkin (le docteur) in his beer tent escapades at the Vavoom Valley Harvest Festival? The pickled tent is coming along fine. Must off to bed before I drink any more Brandy alexanders! 'Nite AR1 smiley - schooloffish
PS I would have LOVED to talk to you!
My smiley - love to Zantic please, and a smiley - hug to Monsieur le docteur.

Foolproof Fruit cake

Post 4

Toccata

Cooking on a canal boat wasn't too bad, there were eight of us so we ate out most of the time (the Pubs in Wiltshire are amazing)

I got a bit bored one rainy afternoon, so made this cake. You weigh (or in this case guess) most of the ingredients into a saucepan, then just mix in the rest after the boiling stage, so not too much space was required.

I had to use a roasting tray to cook it in, so it didn't take as long, but the oven on the boat, was a bit erratic smiley - bigeyes

I will stick my head into the Beer tent later, As I'm at work most of my on-line time, I have the age old problem of not being able to join in properly smiley - sadface

Pickles? I wonder if I can get hold of My Grandmas Recipe for extra hot Onions?

I shan't See Zantic for a couple of weeks, but shall say hello to Munchkin this evening, or tomorrow when I see him smiley - smiley(not yet sure whats happening)

smiley - cheers Toccata

P.S. What smiley - stiffdrink is a Brandy Alexander?

Foolproof Fruit cake

Post 5

Also ran 1

A Brandy Alexander is the most delicious cocktail of several liqueurs. I had it at the great outdoor bar - and got suitably high after drinking it.!!(virtually I hasten to add!) The only thing is I do not like cinnamon or nutmeg in it - only a cherry and the barman Santra has promised to give me a cherry next time I order one.! AR smiley - schooloffish

Foolproof Fruit cake

Post 6

Toccata

smiley - wow Sounds amazing, I shall have to wander over and take a look somewhen smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more