A Conversation for Quick and Easy Fruit Cake

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 21

Toccata

Yeah, I brought a tummy bug back as a souvenir from Egypt smiley - sadface but I'm much better now.

It's wonderful cooking in a well stocked Kitchen, I know when I go back to my Mum's to cook, she will have absolutely everything tucked away somewhere smiley - smiley

Granulated sugar is just fine. It all gets boiled, and melted so it wouldn't make any difference to use the finer caster sugar.

It's half a teaspoon of mixed spice, though extra doesn't hurt.

Enjoy the smiley - cake, it's good to see editors taking their work seriously smiley - winkeye

Post 22

J'au-æmne

Well, the cake has been baked, and it is sitting on a wire rack, looking yummy, risen, and as if the fruit hasnt' sunk smiley - ok

I'm just desparate to try it, but mum says if you cut it too soon it can sink...

Post 23

Toccata

Nah, with this recipe I have found that it often gets eaten before it's cooled down. Pretty good with Custard, now I come to think of it!

Your Mum would be right with most cakes though smiley - winkeye

Post 24

J'au-æmne

yeah, she's a pretty experienced cook smiley - smiley Which reminds me, I better ask her when we're going to make the Christmas Cake smiley - winkeye

mmm... moist & yummy! this isn't going to last long... smiley - winkeye

Post 25

J'au-æmne

Hi there,

I've edited the entry smiley - smiley I'm sorry it took so long, my feeble excuse is that I've not been well...

I haven't done my final 'going over' but if you'd like to look at the entry, before I send it off, to make sure I haven't ruined your baby, then that'd be good smiley - smiley I plan to send it off on Monday, but will send it off sooner than that if you get back to me sooner smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more