A Conversation for POETRY

REVIEW/p71128

Post 1

vegiman:-)

PLEASE REVIEW/p71128
This forum is to criticise and praise the writers efforts. Correct grammer and spelling. After posting your views, go to the next forum and and add any further knowledge or similar experiences etc. that the writer may use at:
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=9488&thread=14399

DONT read others reviews. It's your opinion that is required not your opinion on what others have said. If you end up saying the same as someone else then the writer is more likely to agree with your points.

Just click on the first REPLY BUTTON in this forum - you can check what others have to say after posting your views. Thank you.

REVIEW/p71128

Post 2

Majikthise

Shorter sentences. The first paragraph, and most of the last paragraph are a sentence each respectively, which makes for a read in which the plot, while entertaining, is very easily lost, especially when the argument keeps tisting and turning, which makes it less so.

Both paragraphs in question end in punchlines, but you've long since lost the rest of the joke.

REVIEW/p71128

Post 3

Mark Rest

Excellent

REVIEW/p71128

Post 4

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Very clear and to-the-point. I still think the poetry articles need to get into the types of poetry, history of it, etc. but this is a very quick and concise definition. I like the "rhyming and non-rhyming" bit.

REVIEW/p71128

Post 5

Ginger The Feisty

Thanks for your comments everyone - I have now updated the article - If you want you can take another look - they are only minor tweakings!

REVIEW/p71128

Post 6

Frustreren

Ahhhhh... put this one with the other article on poetry, and two good articles become one better general introduction to poetry...

Oh yes, very good work on your piece.

REVIEW/p71128

Post 7

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Very well done. Entertaining and informative. Much more concise than the other poetry entry, this one actually seems to have a point. Still no mention of dirty limericks, though. Maybe I'll have to write that one on my own... smiley - tongueout

REVIEW/p71128

Post 8

Paul the Brake

There are bound to lots of people who comment on the grammer and stuff but it looked fine to me. I'm not interested in poetry but I read the whole article, which must account for something.

REVIEW/p71128

Post 9

Majikthise

I don't recall what it was like the last time I read it, but it is now very good - short succinct sentences, easy to follow. I think there is a third category - that which kills - into this category fit Vorgon poetry, and that poetry that wills people to suddenly decide that knawing themselves to death would be better than listening to it. I suggest that its probably not worth much more than a brief mention, as it touched on in the Unabridged InterGalactic Version.

Key: Complain about this post