This is the Message Centre for Ciaroscuro

Welcome Ciaroscuro

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Ciasocuro - a very pronounced contrast between light and shadesmiley - biggrin Tah dah! Actually that's not very impressive, I had to learn loads of art terms for course worksmiley - smiley But isn't it spelt with an "h" in it? Then again my art teacher's a bit of an idiot so who knows whether he spelt it right or notsmiley - smiley

Welcome to h2g2, I hope you're having a pleasant time?

Now, I'm Em, I'm Angel and it's part of my duty to welcome you to the neighbourhood

Now you can reach me via U129266 (this will also tell you about me)

but instead of telling you a bunch of URL's and things here and now and overwhelming you, I'll give you my welcome page which should have some useful links A562303.

I hope that helps and I'll be here whenever you need help with something and the secret to h2g2 is just to have fun There's always someone interesting to talk to.

EmXX

[h2g2 researchers needed for Top 10 CD's @ A768567.]

Ciaroscuro

Post 2

Ciaroscuro

Thanks for the welcome. Yes It is mispelt rather deliberately... but that seems to ensure that one can have the name they want in the world of instant gratification and the Internet. Plus - it reminded me of being in Romania and the interesting blends of Russian, and Latin that made spelling nightmarish, and pronunciation a complete wash. Visited your page. Interesting, I enjoyed the choices of Music. Hope Scotland is lovely -California is Hot - but there is always a beach within 45 minutes drive.

Which Shakespeare play is your favorite - I loved Much Ado - but the Tempest is my choice. - Caliban and Company are a hoot.

Ever seen the Gamble House? - if your ever in Los Angeles - it is pretty amazing from a craftsman standpoint! Built by Greene and Greene for the Gambles of the American food company Proctor and Gamble. Two design students from the University of Southern California are chosen each year to live in it. Whenever an earthquake hits they are told they have to open the fron door which has a mammoth tiffany stained glass widow... but the rest of the house is all mortise and tenon and has flexed though over sixty years of shakers.

Well I do ramble a bit
Thanks for taking time to post a message

C

Ciaroscuro

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Scotland's wet. And I ramble a lot too don't worry.

Fave Shakespeare Play, jings, Midsummer Nights Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, As You Like It...loads of them.

I haven't seen Gamble House, sounds interesting, did you read any of my art entries, some of the paintings I talked about are amazing, not much on architecture...will have to look into that.

Did talk about Charles Rennie Mackintosh, his stain glass was always amazing. the simplicity of design along with the attention to detail, love that. His watercolours are fabsmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ciaroscuro

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more