A Conversation for The LBW Rule in Cricket

No, no, no!!

Post 1

And Introducing... A Leg

I would prefer it if my article were to fit on the screen. Whoever edited this, please undo moving the questions into the headers. It looks rubbish now.

No, no, no!!

Post 2

And Introducing... A Leg

Okay, apologies, I've calmed down now and that was rather rude. Nonetheless, I'm really not keen on having a bottom scrollbar on my entry. Is there anything that can be done about it?

No, no, no!!

Post 3

And Introducing... A Leg

Okay, I take all that back. It was just the shock of change, I suppose.
smiley - sorry

No, no, no!!

Post 4

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

Hey, I agree with you totally. Something has to be done about the overlong headers, anything is better than this formatting. Also there are a couple of typos:
No space after footnote 5
Question Three heading reads: Question Three - Did the Dall Hit the ...

No, no, no!!

Post 5

Ashley

I've fixed these.

I've put the questions as subheaders too, to make them a little less in your face. smiley - ok

No, no, no!!

Post 6

And Introducing... A Leg

That's lovely, thank you.smiley - cheers

No, no, no!!

Post 7

Ashley

My absolute pleasure smiley - smiley

Very concise ... !

Post 8

Bagheera: Spellchecker, Grammarian Pedant, Semiquavering Secretary and member of the Punctuation Police

smiley - smiley Well done, a clear and simple explanation which any non-fan would also be able to understand!
Do you (or anyone else surfing this entry) know the full text ot "Cricket Explained to a Foreigner" which begins:

"You have two teams, one OUT on the field and one IN ..... "

or can possibly tell me where I can find a copy? smiley - cheerssmiley - blackcat

Very concise ... !

Post 9

I'm typing this off a handwritten card I got when I was in Australia, and I hope I nobody beats me to it while I'm typing. smiley - smiley

Cricket
(as explained to a foreign visitor)

You have two sides one out in the field and one in.
Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
Whey they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When both sides have been in and out including the not outs
That's the end of the game.
Howzat!
Acknowledgment to the Marleybone Cricket Club

I think it's missing some punctuation, maybe.

Very concise ... !

Post 10

Bagheera: Spellchecker, Grammarian Pedant, Semiquavering Secretary and member of the Punctuation Police

smiley - biggrinsmiley - wow NAITA, my undying gratitude!
You have no idea how LONG it's been since I mislaid the only copy of this gem I owned!
Everyone seems to know ABOUT it but you're the first person I've come across who could supply the full text
smiley - cheers Foaming tankard of Bagheera's extra-special Home-Brew coming up smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - blackcat

Very concise ... !

Post 11

Glad to have been able to help. smiley - smiley

Cricket explained

Post 12

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

A2891478

Key: Complain about this post