Author: Neri Aracro - U190807

A Look At Unconventional Thinking

by Neri Aracro

an interpretation of the way psychics work and why they aren't needed

A772661 - A Look At Unconventional Thinking

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hello NA,

I'm not going to comment on the substantive entry for the time being, just on the I-Ching bit, which doesn't come across correctly.

Originally, the I-Ching was carried out using 50 yarrow stalks (between 12-16 inches in length), which are divided and counted three times. This gives a much more accurate interpretation of the I-Ching. The coin method uses standard Chinese coins, but is less accurate, as the odds are different. A third way, combining the two was recently formulated using 16 marbles, which is less time-consuming than the yarrow stalk method, but gives more accurate results than the coins.

To get an accurate answer to a question, the questioner needs to prepare by quietening the mind and focussing on the question. A bit like GIGO (garbage in, garbage out).

And you're right. Anyone can improve their intuition by giving it more rein, by learning to meditate (an essential for intuition) and by doing specific exercises.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 3

Martin Harper

Neat entry. Though the title through me off a bit - perhaps "How Divination Works" would be better?

Post 4

Martin Harper

s/through/threw

Post 5

The GR Manoeuvre --- a posting a day keeps the reaper away

Unfortunately, the author hasn't posted since this thread, so a move to the entry perhaps?

Stay smiley - cool,
WD

Post 6

neri_aracro

Hi,

I've been on holiday so I haven't been able to reply to all of yuor comments.
Thanks for the advice changes will be made accordingly.

Post 7

neri_aracro

Hi,

I've been on holiday so I haven't been able to reply to all of your comments.
Thanks for the advice changes will be made accordingly.

Post 8

Stuart

Just a small typo. Past-time should be pastime. Only one T.

Stuart

Post 9

the Shee

The use of the word "divination" in the title made me think of "water divination" -- finding likely spots for wells, more or less. smiley - erm It was confusing.

The ninth paragraph completely threw me until I read the tenth paragraph -- consider combining them in some way to make what you mean more obvious -- you are giving examples before you say what the examples are referring to.

Paragraphs three and four about psychics could probably also be combined, again more than likely with a bit of rephrasing. Which of these does your/Jung's idea support better?

There was a University Project not so long ago about Carl Jung, so there is doubtless a link for you to make to him. There are a bunch of pages about him, and I don't know which you would rather use. You should also probably include a bit more information about him in the body of *your* entry, like when he lived, where he was from, what was one of his biggest achievements/offerings to science or what was something he did that was indicative of the way he saw life (his and others') and how he thought about psychology.
A653429 Carl Gustav Jung - the Man
A653410 Carl Gustav Jung - His Life
A625628 Carl Gustav Jung - His Early Work
A653401 Carl Gustav Jung - His Later Work
A632099 Jung's Model of the Psyche - Part One
A653438 Jung's Model of the Psyche - Part Two

How is the use of the I-Ching as a "tool to unlocking the psyche" relevant to what seems to be the point of your entry, as shown in the title? I wonder at how apt the title is, for what you have written. It seems to be more about Jung and what Jung thought of the I-Ching than it is about looking at forms of divination -- at least, you talk more about Jung and the I-Ching than you do about divination. To keep this title, I think more info needs to be included about divination itself.

I don't understand the term "Mantic Arts" (although you put it in quotations) in the last paragraph... smiley - erm I assume it means something to do with the occult/divination/psychics because that is what the entry is about, but I don't understand the derivation of "mantic" or how that should relate to divination...

smiley - smiley Shee smiley - peacesign

Post 10

neri_aracro

thanks for the suggestions

"Mantic Arts" is an umbrella term for all types of fortune telling/divination.

Post 11

neri_aracro

cheers for the correction

Post 12

The GR Manoeuvre --- a posting a day keeps the reaper away

Are you still working on this, Neri Aracro?smiley - huh

Caper Plipsmiley - runsmiley - football

Post 13

neri_aracro

not really, I couldn't really take it any more!

Post 14

Dr Hell

Are you planning to work more on this one, or do you want to take it off PR and resubmit it at a later point in time?

Just asking,

HELL

Post 15

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Seems not, by the post before yours Hell.

I suggest a move back to the entry with the consent of the author.

Post 16

Oh, sorry - I'm so used to having to deal with entries from authors who have gone awol that I forgot to ask if Neri Aracro would care to remove the entry by going to PeerReview, finding the entry in the list, and clicking on the word 'Remove' next to the entry.

Post 17

Dr Hell

We have to be fluffy as you know - and I am not really good at that... And that's what I was more or less trying to ask.

HELL

Post 18

Fluffy can be difficult for me too.

Key: Complain about this post