This is the Message Centre for Binary667

off to work

Post 1

Binary667

well everyone, i'm off to work now. i'm going to slam this cup of coffee, and then i get to go through 8 hours of pure hell. on a bright note, i should be able to finish "The Salmon of Doubt" while i'm there.
be sure and leave me some fun messages so i can smile when i get home!! see you in 9 hours. smiley - smiley

-Scott

off to work

Post 2

Jimi X

So what did you think of the book?

- Jimi X

off to work

Post 3

Binary667

i enjoyed quite thoroughly, thank you for asking.
have happened to read it yet?
if so, what did you think?

-Scott

off to work

Post 4

Jimi X

I had read most of the previously published stuff elsewhere. But the first six chapters of the unfinished novel made me both smile and frown...

It's really tough to imagine that DNA will never write again...

off to work

Post 5

Binary667

Yeah, i agree that it was somewhat sad, and mind boggling to read, knowing full well that it will never be finished. Sometimes i think that is the way he would have wanted it to be though. and reading any of his works always makes me smile, no matter what it is.
I'll always read them, and always think "what an amazing man!"

-Scott

off to work

Post 6

Clearly

I've never read that one... actually, I'm planning on getting it at the library next time I'm in. So far I've read the hitchhiker "trillogy" and Dirk Gently's Hollistic Detective Agency. smiley - smiley I'm a dork though; it's one of my major failings. smiley - winkeyeI already have a list of books a mile long that I want to read over my summer break.

off to work

Post 7

Binary667

its all good, i'm a dork as well, everyone at w**k thinks i'm nuts because i always have a book with, and i'm capable of reading while i do my job, so i sit there at w**k and read, and get paid for it, its rather nice. and i'm sure that you living in this wonderful state with me, you understand that there isn't a whole lot to do, especially in the winter.

-Scott (Greeblet 121)

off to work

Post 8

Jimi X

Last Chance to See is rather brilliant too...

In fact Douglas said it was his favourite and I'd agree that it was some of his best writing. smiley - smiley

off to work

Post 9

Clearly

Just started reading it. I can't say yet that it's going to replace the original GttG as my favorite, but it's close since I'm into ecology a bit myself.

off to work

Post 10

Binary667

i hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think after you have finished it. smiley - smiley i'm off to bed, have a good night.

-Scott

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Binary667

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more