A Conversation for Yo: A Word People Live By

Peer Review: A769485 - Yo: A Word People Live By

Post 1

Mikeguy

Entry: Yo: A Word People Live By - A769485
Author: Mikeguy - U196456

Ever wondered every aspect of the Word Yo? Probably not, but here is a very interesting article all about it.

A769485 - Yo: A Word People Live By

Post 2

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Fun, off-beat entry, that could probably do with the superfluous references to the works of DNA being removed smiley - biggrin

The only other negative comment is that 'sentence' is spelt wrongly throughout.

Apart from these two (minor) points, I enjoyed it, and think with a little work it would be an admirable addition to the guide.

A769485 - Yo: A Word People Live By

Post 3

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

btw, if you write something in your personal space, folks will be able to come over and talk to you there...

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 5

Mikeguy

Wow! Both of my articles have just been accepted into the edited guide! Cool!

And so, the test of patience begins... I think....

Post 6

Researcher 168963

Hello Mikeguy smiley - smiley (I know...I should have said Yo)

I've been allocated your article to subedit, and you can look out for the changes I'll be making to it at A777981.

For future reference, next time you write an article could you please make sure the Guide ML tags are all in capital letters? Lower case isn't allowed in the edited guide smiley - smiley It doesn't matter this time round though smiley - ok

Post 7

Wayfarer-- I only wish I were crackly

*waves, as said Scout*

GuideML has to be in all-caps? i thought it was case insensitive regardless.

Post 8

Researcher 168963

Yeah. It works at the moment, but they can't guarantee it working in lower case forever. Just to be on the safe side, all the tags in edited entries are upper case.

Post 9

Wayfarer-- I only wish I were crackly

ohhhh, i see. learn something new every day.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Yo: A Word People Live By

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more